Blue Suck Falls Trail

Blue Suck Falls Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Millboro, Virginia that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Clifton Forge, VA: From Clifton Forge, Virginia head east on I-64 to Exit 27. Turn North onto Rt. 629 and travel three miles to the park entrance sign and four more miles to the park office. Stony Run Falls trailhead is in the first parking area after the entrance, while Blue Suck Falls Trails may be located from the parking area across from the park office.

nice trails.

I only did the Blue Suck Falls trail (5.8 mi). Beautiful views and I hiked on a day when the fall foliage was at it's peak. This trail is rated difficult but I think it's because of the long, steep ascend. The trail bed itself is actually pretty easy--long stretches without rocks, boulders, etc. Lots of streams so next time (yes, I'll do it again--but a longer loop) I'll carry less water and use the sawyer. The Falls was nice but nothing dramatic. There was stone viewing bench there (natural)--nice touch and a good spot for a snack or lunch. You arrive at the Falls pretty soon after starting. The views are all beyond it. Incidentally, I wonder why it's called Blue Suck Falls? The topo map I printed from this site (I like to carry a paper copy) was accurate. I checked GPS on my phone at one point and had reception. For day hikes, park in the Carson Picnic Area parking lot to meet the Blue Trail head. Restrooms are nearby, a nice feature. On this day I was the only hiker (late season and it was raining) but quite a few trail bikers. I imagine on good days, peak times, bikers might be quite a presence.

Not a hard hike. Thought it should be considered a moderate hike. not many views but the trail was well layed out and marked well. only a trickle from the falls because not alot of rain lately overall a nice hike.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Went in late fall so the waterfall wasn't all that great. Pretty moderate hike. The app takes you to the WRONG entrance, find the correct directions here: http://www.hikingupward.com/OVH/BlueSuckFalls/

Sunday, October 02, 2016

This is a good hike when done as a loop with Tuscarora Overlook and Stony Run Trail. You'll climb most of the mountain on this trail so it is mostly uphill with lots of switchbacks. Great overlooks and places to rest along the way.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Looks like the best time to hike the falls is after alot of rain or just after the snow melts at the end of winter. Instagram shows some awesome waterfall pics proving my point

Thursday, April 11, 2013

This is a nice little hike and a great place to cool off on a hot day. I will upload some photos soon.