Blackrock Summit Via Trayfood Mountain Trail

Blackrock Summit Via Trayfood Mountain Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Crozet, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and rock climbing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Easy short hike with beautiful views!

Nice views...short hike and great for kids!

Very easy going trail, very fun for my kids to play around on the rocks. We look forward to taking others here soon.

Another way to go is to stop at the Blackrock Gap parking lot and follow the AT up, makes for a little longer hike and you pass the Blackrock Shelter which is interesting to visit, Dad was hut-keeper there in the 90's

Omg, I love this hike. Short trail to amazing rocks to play on. Will definitely go back!

My girlfriend and her son loved the rock scramble at the summit

Blackrock is one of my favorites and it never gets old, no matter how many times you go! It's easy enough for all levels and it's a great hike any time of the year!

Great hiking experience for kids. Short trail to fantastic rock scrambling and fantastic views. My 5 year old explored for two hours and wanted to stay longer. 3 year old had a blast too, but had to be watched closely as there are some spots where little ones can get into trouble. Overall highly recommend and we will definitely return!

Short and easy hike to a spectacular rock summit with an amazing view. The trailhead is at MP 84.8 on the Skyline Drive. The nearest restroom is at the Dundo Picnic Grounds, MP 83.7. Blue blazes mark the trail. We were warned that rattlesnakes occasionally sun themselves on the rocks at the summit. We didn't see any snakes, but we did encounter a black bear who was using the trail.