Big Levels to the Blue Ridge

Big Levels to the Blue Ridge is a 18.8 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Stuarts Draft, Virginia that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

off road driving

Driving the Jeep on this trail after a good rain was fantastic!

Great camping spot for multiple rigs at 37°57'50.4"N 79°03'55.9"W

off road driving

Very fun trail! If it's your first time off roading in a jeep I suggest trying this. Plenty of camping along the trail. I'll do that next time. I'm waiting on a good rain storm the try this again with more mud and challenge. The water holes are passable with ease. I have a stock rubicon hard rock with some armor underneath and a winch. Enjoy and see ya on the trail!

off road driving

Went up here the other day with my jeep yj and my buddies Saturn vue. This is a jeep/truck trail for sure. I had to tug the Saturn multiple times to get over certain obstacles along the trail. Be weary that the trail that is provided on here has a rough obstacle at the very end and my buddies oil pan had cracked so his car was stuck up there and had to get towed out after my tow strap had snapped. If you're just coming for a great view and an awesome camp site i recommend going onto the trail from blue ridge parkway at the very end of the trail. If you're down for an adventure with your ORV i recommend starting from the bottom, it was a lot of fun.

off road driving

Went here yesterday for a little get away. It was a Monday so we were just about the only people on the trail. We had a jeep jku a jeep jk and a jeep xj. All had lifts but a stock jeep could definitely handle. The trail was easy to find. Enter from coal rd, go down a few miles (it turns to a gravel road) at the split stay left and about a quarter mile or so you see the trail head on your left side. Tons of spots to pull over and camp for the night from the beginning to the end. There were some alternate routes and other trail entrances off the main trail. Definitely got more narrow off the main so be prepared for body scratches! Over all we had an absolute blast and plan to take back a group of boys I employ who drive jeeps.

off road driving

Just did this trail Saturday, I have to say I was pleasantly suprised, the trail was awesome, I did the trail in my 2004 Dodge Durango 4x4 with torsion bar lift and 255/75/17 bfg km's. I actually only had to be in 4wheel drive like 3 times, didn't have to use my winch either. Over all it's a great trail for slightly modified vehicles. Going back in couple of weeks with a buddy who has a 1997 TJ.

off road driving

Great trail! This is my first off-road trail in Virginia and I enjoyed it. I went out with one vehicle. I wouldn't list this as a hard/difficult trail since I never got to the point where I doubted if I could make it. If you go out there you will enjoy it! I started from Coal rd and ended at Blue Ridge Parkway rd. It took me about 6hrs to complete, and thats with taking stops. During my run it wasnt a busy trail. There was two groups that i meet with. I tried to record my run but I lost signal and could never get it to record due to my signal.

off road driving

Great trail. It was my fiancé and I along with a few other drivers that we met at the trail head. We had a great time, and spent the day driving. Lots of beautiful scenery, and the trail was challenging, but in a fun way. Never got stuck, and had a great time. We will definitely be back!

off road driving

Great Trail! I started from the Coal Rd Trail headed and ended at the Bald Mountain Overlook at the Blue Ridge Parkway. Signs everywhere showing other trails branching off. lots of camping spots along the way as well. 3 or so miles in there is an alternate route pointed out. That is the toughest part for sure. Lots more big rocks and a bit steeper grade. Several mud holes also to watch out for, none of which are very deep. Some of them do have bypasses but not all. If you don't care about pin striping a full size rig could make the journey but it is obviously a jeep trail.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Great trail for off-roading. More moderate than hard, but lots of fun! Trail narrows on several spots and several deep mud holes (depends on rain). One small creek crossing. Trail is very doable for stock Jeeps, few spots with boulders but for the most part very rocky. Several steep inclines and sharp turns on an angle. Overall, AWESOME!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Monday, August 17, 2015

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Monday, October 06, 2014

Great trail. Wish there were more views. We went while the leaves were changing and decided to risk taking the trail solo in a pretty much stock 2010 JK. (Only modification being 33" tires.) It was perfect for a stock Jeep, probably most trucks too. It looks like the FS modified the trail to loop around a bit rather than just hit the hill straight on, so I imagine it used to be more technical. As it is right now there were maybe only one or two sections that we used a spotter and it would have been fine without one. There was some mud coming down the other side, but didn't get stuck. If you go after heavy rains I would have a buddy with you for sure - I can see how these puddles could have been much deeper and longer. All-in-all one of the most enjoyable rides I've had off-road on this coast. Was very surprised to find it, and very glad we did.

Saturday, November 16, 2013