Big Levels to the Blue Ridge

Big Levels to the Blue Ridge is a 18.8 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Stuarts Draft, Virginia that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and off road driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

off road driving

This trail was a lot of fun! There are some pretty large rocks, and deep water crossings, however. I personally wouldn't recommend it to someone with a stock vehicle or even a wide one.

Amazing scenic beginner Jeep trail with gorgeous views. Took us about 4.5 hours in a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 2.5 lift and 33 inch BFG all-terrains aired down to 15 psi.

off road driving

First time on this trail, in a jeep-no lift and managed just fine, would definitely do it again.

off road driving

Been here a few times now. Not challenging in the least, one of the easiest trails I've ever been down. Still a great time though.

Few things to watch for are:
A few very deep water areas, generally only a foot or so deep after it hasn't rained for a few days. Right after rain they went up over my hood with a 4 inch lift and 33s.

A few areas where the entire trail is slanted, and depending on your COG you'll be leaning pretty severe if you try and flex on the rocks.

Other then that it's smooth sailing.

off road driving

Great trail. Challenging enough but not extreme. Maybe more challenging than a novice driver might want to try for their first run. Took the Jeep trail part with my lifted JKU but my friends stock Jeep kept up fine!

off road driving

Driving the Jeep on this trail after a good rain was fantastic!

Great camping spot for multiple rigs at 37°57'50.4"N 79°03'55.9"W

off road driving

Very fun trail! If it's your first time off roading in a jeep I suggest trying this. Plenty of camping along the trail. I'll do that next time. I'm waiting on a good rain storm the try this again with more mud and challenge. The water holes are passable with ease. I have a stock rubicon hard rock with some armor underneath and a winch. Enjoy and see ya on the trail!

off road driving

Went up here the other day with my jeep yj and my buddies Saturn vue. This is a jeep/truck trail for sure. I had to tug the Saturn multiple times to get over certain obstacles along the trail. Be weary that the trail that is provided on here has a rough obstacle at the very end and my buddies oil pan had cracked so his car was stuck up there and had to get towed out after my tow strap had snapped. If you're just coming for a great view and an awesome camp site i recommend going onto the trail from blue ridge parkway at the very end of the trail. If you're down for an adventure with your ORV i recommend starting from the bottom, it was a lot of fun.

off road driving

Went here yesterday for a little get away. It was a Monday so we were just about the only people on the trail. We had a jeep jku a jeep jk and a jeep xj. All had lifts but a stock jeep could definitely handle. The trail was easy to find. Enter from coal rd, go down a few miles (it turns to a gravel road) at the split stay left and about a quarter mile or so you see the trail head on your left side. Tons of spots to pull over and camp for the night from the beginning to the end. There were some alternate routes and other trail entrances off the main trail. Definitely got more narrow off the main so be prepared for body scratches! Over all we had an absolute blast and plan to take back a group of boys I employ who drive jeeps.

off road driving

Just did this trail Saturday, I have to say I was pleasantly suprised, the trail was awesome, I did the trail in my 2004 Dodge Durango 4x4 with torsion bar lift and 255/75/17 bfg km's. I actually only had to be in 4wheel drive like 3 times, didn't have to use my winch either. Over all it's a great trail for slightly modified vehicles. Going back in couple of weeks with a buddy who has a 1997 TJ.

off road driving

Great trail! This is my first off-road trail in Virginia and I enjoyed it. I went out with one vehicle. I wouldn't list this as a hard/difficult trail since I never got to the point where I doubted if I could make it. If you go out there you will enjoy it! I started from Coal rd and ended at Blue Ridge Parkway rd. It took me about 6hrs to complete, and thats with taking stops. During my run it wasnt a busy trail. There was two groups that i meet with. I tried to record my run but I lost signal and could never get it to record due to my signal.

off road driving

Great trail. It was my fiancé and I along with a few other drivers that we met at the trail head. We had a great time, and spent the day driving. Lots of beautiful scenery, and the trail was challenging, but in a fun way. Never got stuck, and had a great time. We will definitely be back!