Bennetts Creek Paddle

Bennetts Creek Paddle is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Suffolk, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding, fishing, canoeing, and sea kayaking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

It may just be that we never found the actual trail. None of us are particularly good at maps; however, as far as we could tell this park didn’t offer much as far as activity and outdoor enjoyment went. Some pretty views of the water, but probably the most my dog and I got out of it was some agility training on the playground equipment. I don’t plan to try again. On a side note, lots of people fishing, great water access for boats, and a difficult-looking frisbee golf course if you’re into those sort of things.

Great for fishing

Friday, May 11, 2018

I'm assuming this one is the full/extension of the other park trail. I was confused why the other was described as so short. This one, though, makes for a nice stroll outside. There's nothing complicated to it, making it decent for most any age. It does offer a constant view of the creek mostly the entire walk. Otherwise, it's basically just a flat trail with a lot of shade covering. Bugs are a slight issue depending on the humidity or rainfall.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Great short walk for family

Sunday, December 22, 2013

This is a nice little park with a boat Ramp and pier fishing. The trail, when you can find it is a nice little walk, however, I found the marking hard to follow at times. The trail also works its way through the Frisbee golf course so you are having to watch out for players. There are a couple of nice views of Bennett's creek and a huge open area for other activities. It is a nice little hike and close to were I live. I have done it several times now.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

A nice trail on a sunny fall day. Water views, wetlands and wildlife. If I had a complaint it would be that much of the trail is near parking lots and roads.

Saturday, December 31, 2016