Learn more

Bennetts Creek Paddle is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Suffolk, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for birding, fishing, canoeing, and sea kayaking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 2.3 mi Elevation gain 3 ft Route type Loop

Photos (39)
Recordings (10)
Completed (30)
Karen N
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 16, 2020
Hiking

Sadly the trail is now a frisbee golf course and although the trail sign is still there the actual trail is not.

Caleb Olson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 20, 2019
Paddle sports

I read the other reviews and I think some folks are confused. This isn’t meant to be a walking trail; it’s a paddle trail (I.e canoe or kayak). It’s a fairly easy paddle; the way out was against the current, so it was a little tough with my aluminum canoe (loaded down with our picnic gear, a nine year old and our dog). Scenic and quiet; we were the only boat on the water and the float back was enjoyable.

Tiffany Ascher
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarOctober 20, 2018
Walking

It may just be that we never found the actual trail. None of us are particularly good at maps; however, as far as we could tell this park didn’t offer much as far as activity and outdoor enjoyment went. Some pretty views of the water, but probably the most my dog and I got out of it was some agility training on the playground equipment. I don’t plan to try again. On a side note, lots of people fishing, great water access for boats, and a difficult-looking frisbee golf course if you’re into those sort of things.

Alex Camarena
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 15, 2018

Great for fishing

Nick Rhodes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 11, 2018

I'm assuming this one is the full/extension of the other park trail. I was confused why the other was described as so short. This one, though, makes for a nice stroll outside. There's nothing complicated to it, making it decent for most any age. It does offer a constant view of the creek mostly the entire walk. Otherwise, it's basically just a flat trail with a lot of shade covering. Bugs are a slight issue depending on the humidity or rainfall.

B A Fam
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 1, 2017
Hiking

Great short walk for family

Stephen Krall
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarDecember 22, 2013
Hiking

This is a nice little park with a boat Ramp and pier fishing. The trail, when you can find it is a nice little walk, however, I found the marking hard to follow at times. The trail also works its way through the Frisbee golf course so you are having to watch out for players. There are a couple of nice views of Bennett's creek and a huge open area for other activities. It is a nice little hike and close to were I live. I have done it several times now.

Alan Bourne
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 26, 2013
First to Review

A nice trail on a sunny fall day. Water views, wetlands and wildlife. If I had a complaint it would be that much of the trail is near parking lots and roads.

Myriah Koppes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 19, 2020
View Myriah's Recording
Mike Masters
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 2, 2019
View Mike's Recording
Dawn Taylor
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 24, 2019
View Dawn's Recording
Steven Steven Webb
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarDecember 31, 2016
Anthony Schober
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 11, 2013
View Anthony's Recording