Belle Isle Park Trail

Belle Isle Park Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lancaster, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Belle Isle state park is truly a beautiful place. There are some amazing views of the water and a ton of wildlife. We came across a huge buck, a bunny, and a bald eagle. The trail was easy to follow. We cut it a bit short cause I could tell Penny was getting tired. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was because a portion of the trail was under water and we had to cut through the woods to bypass it. There were also a ton of ticks so be sure to check carefully afterwards.

Hike is easy to do. Very kid friendly and beautiful views. Definitely recommend!!

Monday, November 02, 2015

This was a good hike, pretty scenic. Most of the trails are improved paths because it is not great if you are looking for an adventure, but if you're looking for a nice stroll through the woods it was pretty nice. The marsh/bay looked great for canoeing so I really wanna come back and try that out.

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Monday, April 20, 2015

The trails are decent; very simple. I mostly come here for the kayaking!

Friday, July 19, 2013

I am sure we will be back to do the rest of the trails but since there is so much open to the sun it will have to wait. It is in the 90's every day. I liked the little camp store.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Very flat and wide open. Many of the trails are in the open. The river views are awesome and, like all Virginia State Parks, so are the friendly rangers.