Beaverdam Park Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(24)
Beaverdam Park

Beaverdam Park Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gloucester County, Virginia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 150 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Almost all of the trail is in the trees with the shade. Very nice around the lake and back. A lot of the trail head surface tree roots that you need to watch out for. Overall, very nice!

Nice for a local trail. Narrow path with lots of horse poop to dodge.

tThis is a multi-use trail for hikers, bikers, and horses. you can start at either end. one end is at the main entrance to the park on Roaring Springs Rd. This end starts with mile marker 0. The other end is at the Fary's Mill Rd entrance and is marked as 9.5. The mile markers don't seem to be accurate, though. I walked from the 9.5 marker to the 5.0 marker and back and only logged 7.7 miles with both the Strava app and the Alltrails app. It is a beautiful trail that roughly follows the contours of Beaverdam Lake. Once the trees have their leaves the views of the lake are further apart. The terrain is somewhat hilly with going up and down ravines. There are tree roots in many areas. There are optional loop trails to use as well, making things a little more interesting. All in all a very nice trail system to get out into nature.

Tue Apr 16 2019

We hiked loop one, loop three, and returned on the main trail, it was about 3.5 miles. The trail is well maintained but should be rated as moderate not easy.

Sun Jan 28 2018

Great trail! Nicely kept and nice views of the water. Will go back again.

Sun Sep 10 2017

I'm not difficult to please when it comes to hiking. Give me some beautiful scenery, a nice day, and my dog and I'm a happy girl. There were some beautiful wild flowers at the start of the trail and the rest was wooded- nice enough. BUT.... this trail should be rated as moderate and not easy. The trail was very narrow to the point where my dog couldn't even walk next to me. It was sandy alternating with mud and there were a lot of tree roots in the path. There were also quite a few climbs which I enjoy but may not be for everyone. This trail is frequented by horses and there was soooo much horse poop I felt like I had to be on the lookout for it the entire hike. And of course I spent a lot of time keeping my pup away from it. It was a nice hike for us but I don't think we'll do this one again.

Wed Aug 28 2013

Nice woods. The "open" part of the trail had no air moving and it was a hot day. This trail did not go down to the lake at all but the lake is not nice at this end anyway.

Wed Aug 28 2013

I set out to bike it but had a malfunction and had to push it back. I ended up walking this easy loop. This trail is accessed from the North side of the lake off Farys Mill Road. The lake at this end is ugly and I fully understand why the rangers wanted their headquarters at the beautiful southern end. More about Loop One, it spends about half it's life in the woods and half out in the open. The woods are nice. The open part is through seven foot wild flowers and a lot of butterflies. This trail is multi-use and there was a lot of horse poo and mountain bike tracks to prove it.

Tue Apr 23 2019