Beaver Dam Reservoir Trail

Beaver Dam Reservoir Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Arcola, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My first time running this trail and it’s very nice running trail!. Will run again and again!

Beautiful trail to walk with your dog. even though the dam is under renovation - still provides great scenery, and many nice rocks to sit and overview the marsh on - great for contemplation and journaling. The path gets narrow and muddy at places, so ensure to wear proper hiking foot wear. I've gone several times with my dog and have never found it crowded or busy.

After moving to Broadlands area, I have been wanting to walk this trail since a few months. The dam is under renovation till 2019 though. I will keep a watch at the updates and am eager to see the trail then.

Great trail for a walk with my dog!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Good place for a quick hike, after work that is in progress will be a good place to go, I hope they don't trash it.

Friday, April 07, 2017

Love this trail! Easy and fun hike.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Super cool place to check out right now, they drained the entire reservoir because they're rebuilding the dam so it's a really interesting place to visit. I believe it will be like this for a decent period of time.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Boring trail. very few good views, and poorly maintained on the northern section.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Good trail, peaceful and easy with great views of the water

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Dirtiest trail I've been on. Entire length of " blue" marked trail was littered with broken glass. Several beer cans/bottles lay along the trail at different points. Was able to fill a grocery bag (which I also found) with trash in about 45 minutes. At least the rowing team has a nice facility along with a volleyball net.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Amazing trail , came across a tiny tortoise on the trail.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

It was ok... Water is beautiful !!! However the walk..... Well I got lost .. Yes Lol there needs to be more signs or whatever. There were many walking trails not near the water but one near the water goes to the main road for cars... I know now but wish I knew when I first went.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Is a goo spot,that after we lost access is back open for some time is good for some hiking,fishing,kayaking,canoeing and many more water activities as permitted,just remember this is a water supply and need to be clean.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Great trail with lots of scenic views of the lake and the reservoir. Plenty of birds near the dam. I loved it.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Good trail and not many people to share it with since most everyone else was in a kayak or on a paddleboard. Nice stroll along the waters edge. Small parking lot on Mt Hope Rd, considering the number of boaters.

Sunday, June 07, 2015

The trail is open again as of 5/30/15

Friday, January 02, 2015

As of April 2014, the entire area is closed to all activities. We went on 12-30-2014 to find it closed and under renovation.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Although it was a nice hike and had beautiful scenery, the trail was not kept up. If more people had gone through the trail, it would have been better. I would say it needs to be broken in A bit more.

Thursday, April 03, 2014

Loved the trail!! Due to the recent weather there was a lot of muddy areas but other than that the views were beautiful!

Monday, June 26, 2017