Beaver Dam Reservoir Trail

Beaver Dam Reservoir Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Arcola, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Good place for a quick hike, after work that is in progress will be a good place to go, I hope they don't trash it.

Love this trail! Easy and fun hike.

Super cool place to check out right now, they drained the entire reservoir because they're rebuilding the dam so it's a really interesting place to visit. I believe it will be like this for a decent period of time.

Boring trail. very few good views, and poorly maintained on the northern section.

Good trail, peaceful and easy with great views of the water

Dirtiest trail I've been on. Entire length of " blue" marked trail was littered with broken glass. Several beer cans/bottles lay along the trail at different points. Was able to fill a grocery bag (which I also found) with trash in about 45 minutes. At least the rowing team has a nice facility along with a volleyball net.

Amazing trail , came across a tiny tortoise on the trail.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Thursday, April 28, 2016

It was ok... Water is beautiful !!! However the walk..... Well I got lost .. Yes Lol there needs to be more signs or whatever. There were many walking trails not near the water but one near the water goes to the main road for cars... I know now but wish I knew when I first went.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Is a goo spot,that after we lost access is back open for some time is good for some hiking,fishing,kayaking,canoeing and many more water activities as permitted,just remember this is a water supply and need to be clean.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Great trail with lots of scenic views of the lake and the reservoir. Plenty of birds near the dam. I loved it.

Saturday, March 12, 2016