Bald Cypress Trail

Bald Cypress Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Virginia Beach, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Norfolk, VA: Take Interstate 64 to Exit 282, Northampton Boulevard/U.S. 13. Continue on U.S. 13 for about 4 miles then turn right onto Shore Drive/U.S. 60 and travel approximately 3-4 miles. The park is accessed from both sides of the U.S. 60. Camping and visitor center is on the left and cabins are to the right. Bald Cypress Trail is off U.S. 60 on the right. Go past the contact station and veer left toward the restrooms. Trail may be accessed from this location.

Beautiful trail! It gets narrow at some points! Definitely more hiking like than Osmanthus trail. We did not see any snakes this time so it was much better for me! We went right after the storm so it smelt amazing!

This is very easy.
Any hiking shoes will do !!
Do pack extra water.

My favorite trail, I've been here many times. Some swamp off the path, a good bit of wildlife. Lots of snakes, but I've never seen a poisonous one. If you see one, don't scream or it'll run away and you may not see it again.

We visited today and had an amazing time! The park has fun activities for families with children. Today we went on the scallywag pirate treasure hunt. There is no charge for these activities other than paying to get into the park. The treasure hunt took about 45 minutes. We will definitely be back to hike the trails!

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Love this trail! Love the swamp and Spanish Moss and my Stroller made it all the way through! Did it in Flip Flops but should have probably worn Tennis Shoes!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Saturday, June 27, 2015

This is my home trail and I run it regularly. Cut across on High Dunes trail to add some terrain or connect to one of Four other trails to add distance.

Then cross over Shore Drive and finish your run on the beach.

Saturday, June 06, 2015