Apple Orchard Falls Trail and Cornelius Creek Circuits Trail

Apple Orchard Falls Trail and Cornelius Creek Circuits Trail is a 7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bedford, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very scenic and beautiful after a days rain. We did the loop. Started on Apple Orchard Falls trail, turned onto Cornelius Creek then the Appalachian. My Apple Watch said we traveled near 8.5 miles, much longer than we expected. Going up the Cornelius was challenging and we took lots of breaks. Apple orchard falls was well worth it, though from here on our we will probably just hike to the falls and back.

Good hike and short backpacking trip if your looking to get a way for the night. Been a while since I've been able to do this and just moving to the area it was a good way to get back into hiking/backpacking and camping. Ran into a couple of snakes on the trail near the falls so just be on the lookout.

The first part of the trail was amazing, lots of beautiful sights and picture opportunities. After you get past the Falls and to the next Parking lot and turn on Cornealus Creek trail get ready for the incline! Especially when the Creek trail meets the AT. According to my GPS it was an 8.6mile hike not 7. If I go back I'll just hike down the Falls then turn around and go back. won't do the loop again

First so we did the short one and walk on the connect trail which only make it 5.6 mile and went in on rt 56.. the first half was ALL up hills/mountains which kick my group butt, then on the way down it was almost easier but the rock was very loose which make me move slow. I will do this hike again but be really to do some work.. on the way down we was about to get into the creek with some swimming holes but the water was cold..

Beautiful views and is on the AT trail for a mile and a half. Highly recommended but bring plenty of water since it does get hot along the ridgeline.

High water flooded streams, heavy rain night before. Tried to follow loop trail but lost trail at the falls right at bridges . We were hiking from bottom up apple orchard trail and return Cornelius trail.

It was a good hike. I would start at the bottom lot and not the top if we did it again. The falls are beautiful.

Beautiful hike. The first part is downhill and you walk along the developing stream from its inception to a raging waterfall. You cross over it several times on bridges. At the bottom of the valley you walk in wild Appalachia along the river. The last portion is very difficult with a sheer vertical climb. A slight break is given as you merge with the Appalachian Trail. Beautiful hike, a little bit of everything

Great Trail, make sure you see the top of the hike. Well worth it.