Apple Orchard Falls Trail

Apple Orchard Falls Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bedford, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Glasgow, VA: Head south on the Blue Ridge Parkway for about 15 miles to Sunset Fields Overlook, milepost 78. Trailhead is in the parking area.

Tough climb back up but worth it

A bit much for young kids

Love this trail. Have hiked about 5 times so far. A favorite. Easier each time. Totally worth it.

Great hike to waterfall and pretty quick. Gets busy during midday. We brought our dog and wish we would have gone earlier in the day to avoid the people.

This was the most beautiful hike I've ever done! The waterfall at the end of the trail is breathtaking. I would strongly recommend this hike.

This hike was quick and pleasant. The downhill to the falls was relaxing. The falls themselves, though small, were very unique. I went in the summertime and the entire trail was lush and green. Though the uphill on the way back was a bit difficult, it is not far. The trail was well-maintained, and I never felt like I was going to slip on the way up or down.

Short hike from Blue Ridge Parkway of approximately one mile. Pretty steep coming back up if you are not in great shape but otherwise very clean and beautiful. It is a small waterfall cascading over small boulders.

My first difficult trail. Sort of by mistake. The steep trail was a definite workout. The views, falls and rock formations are beautiful

Beautiful views, I also combined the hike with the adjacent Apple orchard and Cornelius trails.

I combined the Apple Orchard trail and Cornelius creek trail. Great hike but very tiring!

Difficult, steep climb on the way back but the beautiful falls make it worth every step!

Beautiful trail. The trail is steady elevation change the whole way so make sure you are ready for it.