Accokeek Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Brooke, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 193 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice trail, good to stretch the legs.

Be sure you turn on Raven Rd for hiking trails. Definitely not a trail I’d consider moderate. More like a stroll. Really liked the rhododendron and views of the Potomac. Crow’s Nest is a great area, thankfully preserved from all the development around Brooke.

I agree with the other reviews that this trail should be marked easy. The trail is very well maintained and well marked. There are lots of spider webs everywhere so be mindful!

This is a really nice trail with a ton of wildlife. The trail is really clean and quiet. It definitely should be labeled easy as there is not much challenge involved. Make sure to add the small section about half way that goes down to the pond. It was a really nice spot to take a breather and take in the scenery. It’s a perfect quick hike to be outside and we will be back for sure!

Sun Mar 10 2019

Nice trail. Would have rated it as easy.

Sun Dec 09 2018

Sat Dec 30 2017

This was a fun trail to do in the snow. My family and I had a great time with our boxer. Very well marked!

Sat Nov 04 2017

Took my 3 and 6 year old kids out on this one this morning. We really liked it. The kids got a little worn out right before we got back to the parking lot, though. Didn't see much wildlife, but the kids don't know how to walk quietly yet. Know what else we didn't see much of? Trash. Kudos to whoever isn't littering and/or whoever is picking it up. We'll definitely go back. Maybe not until spring, though.

Sat Aug 12 2017

This trail is the best one in my opinion of Crows Nest Natural Area. This is a great place that is finally set aside from development, and well worth it. The best part about this path is it is mostly single track, so there are twists and turns, ups and downs, and lot of roaded Dendrin that will look great when it blooms. There are lots of bugs, just like everywhere else in Virginia in August, and spider webs. The marsh land is nice, and lots of birds to listen to. There are also lots of little frogs, try not to step on them. There is a birding trail a half mile long that can be accessed from this trail, which I am excited to do on a day when my dog is not having such a hard time in the heat.

recorded Accokeek Loop Trail