Windsor Trail

Windsor Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Windsor, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

snowboarding

I can only speak for the first three quarters of the hike as I didn't make it all the way (just simply ran out of time). I found myself very much unprepared for how steep this is even after hiking the weathersfield trail, bromley, stratton and killington over the past few months. Drink plenty of water before during and after as this is a good workout. And don't wear cotton (especially in winter)

Beautiful water throughout and a nice variety of terrain. If you have any knee problems, this hike will be challenging. There is not much of a view at the summit but there is an observation deck. Beautiful view from there but it can get very crowded.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Ohhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyy God is really all I can say ------ a real butt kicker....I made it to the Summit simply because I was stubborn enough to keep going. I definitely feel my age on this one.....worth it when you climb the scenic tower yet I WILL NEVER WANT TO DO IT AGAIN>>>>>

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Tough but enjoyable. Not a lot of sight seeing on the way up, but an excellent workout.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Challenging but worth it!

Friday, September 23, 2016

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Quiet, challenging hike up Mt. Ascutney. Good resting points (Gerry Falls, Log Shelter) along the way. Relatively short trail to the top, but the trade-off is a steep climb. Make sure to stop at Castle Rock for great views before heading to the summit.

Friday, August 05, 2016

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Good trail. Well marked. A butt kicker for the over 50 crowd.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Friday, June 05, 2015

Thursday, May 14, 2015

This is my favorite trail up Ascutney Mt, primarily because it has water for my dogs most of the way, offers some nice lookouts and wildflower patches. It's also probably the steepest trail, hence the "Difficult" rating. But it's a quick hike for those in shape. This is the trail to see the old Stone Lean-to, which I hope to sleep in some night.
Lookouts from Brownsville Rock and the fire tower are spectacular unless it's cloudy.
Dogs under voice control or on-leash are fine.
Bring water and be prepared for it being a lot cooler at the top than the bottom. Bring little kids only unless you're prepared to carry them much of the way.

Friday, November 28, 2014

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Monday, September 01, 2014

This is my favorite trail on Ascutney. The weekend traffic is far less than on the other trails, the trail itself is more enjoyable than the others, just seems to be a quicker route to the summit.

Friday, July 04, 2014