White Rocks Recreation Area Trail via Long Trail (Appalachian Trail)

White Rocks Recreation Area Trail via Long Trail (Appalachian Trail) is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wallingford, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from December until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice quick hike on a beautiful October day. Incredible foliage views from the overlook.

Great mid October hike. Views are definitely worth the hike up and I'm sure the cascade waterfall is spectacular during the Spring runoff.

Incredible views!

Incredible views!

Great hike. Nice, easy but challenging ascent rewarded by entrance into an amazing stand of soft conifer that opens up to a rock cairn museum! Short trip down to the cliff with spectacular views. After working up a sweat on the way up, make your way down to the Ice Beds portion of the trail for a "cool" location for lunch.

Great terrain and beautiful views. Took us (myself a friend and my 5 month old Lab) 1 hr 20 or so to get up, hour or less to get down on Saturday afternoon.

Pretty good hike - it was more of a workout than I expected. The view at the top is as good as your fear of heights I think. My fear is pretty high so I didn't get too close to the edge of the cliffs. It's a long way down. All and all a nice hike in the LT/AT.

Bring Bug Spray

Not as steep as I thought it would be, and earned this hike by first walking over to the Overlook and down to the bottom of the ice beds. On this hike just off the edge is a waterfall worth visiting, and the passage of through hikers on the Appalachian Trail. The summit rock garden, with rock cairns it's fun to explore. We enjoyed exploring the summit area and the triangle rock out of the far right edge was a great place to have lunch.

A quicker hike that lead to some of the best Green Mountain views. I'll be back!

This was a great hike, moderate is exactly right. Warning that you have to cross a stream - I'm sure it's usually manageable, but it had poured rain the day before so it was a legitimate rushing river. The water reached my upper thighs and I am almost 6' tall! Be prepared and be careful, the views at the top are worth it.

I asked for medium, but my steak came out completely cooked through. Flagging down a bus boy, as it was absolutely necessary that this now become his problem, I proceeded "Hola, Jose. Me llamo uh..Tyl-" at which point he said, "Dude, my name is Chad. I'm from Mamaroneck. I have literally nothing to do with your steak being overcoo-" "Just uncook it, Enrique. Make it...I don't know "medium" in Mexican, but uncook it to make it that, Juan, si?" "That's literally not even possible, and I don't speak any Spanish. I took Mandarin in high school and coll-

Whoops, on the wrong app again.