Weathersfield Trail to Mount Ascutney

Weathersfield Trail to Mount Ascutney is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Perkinsville, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Nice trail and pretty view from the observation tower. It took us 5hrs to hike to the top and back to parking lot. We did rest at Gus' lookout and had our snacks enjoying the view. Lookout was awesome. Our lab had a good time hiking and dipping in the water on the way.

scenic and good elevation..

Awesome trail! defiantly a work out but worth it for the views and the waterfalls. I highly recommend this one for a day hike if you wanna make it all the way to the peak.

Pretty trails, waterfalls - nice hike. Trails are fairly steep - but no scrambling up rocks. Its a workout!

April 23, 2017, summit was ice covered. I settled for West Peak and Gus's Overlook - very nice. I'll summit next time!

Well marked trail with lots of water for my dog. We did this on a nice (upper 60s) spring day in late April. There was still icy patches at the top and it was cold enough to see our breath. But it was a nice hike that left me aching all over since I'm out of shape.

Very well marked trail. Great views especially early in the spring before the leaves come in.

Amazing hike!! Very challenging but the views are so rewarding

Great hike! Started a little after noon, with temps in the 40s on the ground, but quickly removed layers as we climbed. The trail is very well marked, but there are some spots where you can see what looks like previous years' blazes going in another direction. Blazes are relatively close together, so very easy navigation. We printed out a trail map but didn't use it at all. The trail is pretty rocky and root-covered, which can be a bit challenging with downed leaves and pine needles. This is also a very wet route. You cross multiple streams, a waterfall, and places where rocks have been placed to focus the water so it doesn't erode the trail. There are some places where there are very sheer drops off the left side of the trail, including one where you're walking on a large, smooth stone embedded in the earth (wouldn't recommend in wet/icy conditions). We spent about 3 hours going up (lots of stops for removing/adding layers, water, and taking in the views) but made it down in about 1.5 hours. Great hike overall - highly recommend.

This hike rapidly became a favorite hike of mine. The forest shows the hiker many different facets of its personality, quiet mossy pine forest, rivers and waterfalls, elevations, views, trails so gorgeous it takes your breath away.

Plan to repeat this hike many times!

My standard Goldendoodle and I did this hike on Columbus Day 2016. Beautiful and well marked trail with some little climbs. Had to hoist my dog up a few of them, but other than that it was manageable. We did the round trip in about 3 hours with a 5 min stop at Gus' Overlook and 15 minute lunch at the Summit and tower. Great fall hike with incredible views and foliage! Highly recommend!

Very nice hike. We went all the way up to the watch tower and the view was magnificent. Trail markers were numerous and easy to keep track of. Trail itself was pretty maintained. Highly recommend.

My wife and I loved this trail. Definitely worth the trek.