Thundering Brook Falls is a 0.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Killington, Vermont that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, and bird watching. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.4 miles Elevation Gain: 29 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Short and beautiful trail!

icy

icy ! be safe. but easy enough to scramble and get to some beautiful views.

icy

We walked this on Sunday and the last 200 feet were still a solid sheet of ice. Watching people attempt it was as funny as an episode of AFV. The rest of the walk was beyond easy and the falls were stunning. Recommended if you are in the area.

Short and sweet. Perfect for all levels. Dog and kids friendly.

Beautiful trail with unique views! Hiked in peak foliage in October and definitely could not beat it! The only issue was that at the top, someone stepped on a beehive, and many people were stung! Mostly children unfortunately. I was stung twice as well. Definitely a cool trail worth seeing, but be wary of what you’re walking on! Great for families aside from the bees!

recorded Thundering Brook Falls

Perfect little hike for a lazy morning

Very easy and pretty.

I loved this waterfall. Easy hike along boardwalk. When you get to the viewing platform at the end, what looks like the top of the waterfall is not. You can go further up and there's another section of waterfall! Boardwalk is not shaded, waterfall is. Like another person said, it's part of the Appalachian Trail so you could continue on.

Really easy trail with beautiful flowers along the way. The whole trail is wooden. We went on a rainy day and didn’t get muddy at all.

Beautiful boardwalk trail leading to a spectacular waterfall. Along the way, we spotted wild cherry, elderberry, high bush cranberry, blackberry, thimbleberry, nightshade, and wild apple. Very colorful flora on this short walk.

Beautiful falls. I am guessing it could be super crowded. We got here at 3:30p on a Monday and it was deserted. Bummer that there is a road at the top

Beautiful wild flowers and fall. Short, easy and perfect walk for families. My 8-year old daughter love it.

Short walk upon the AT along a boardwalk path. Trail is overloaded with wildflowers. At the end is a 125' tall waterfall without all the destruction of overuse.

This was a quick hike before the rain headed our way. Heard path is pretty worn and slippery since it is mostly pine needles. Overall it’s a nice trail.

I loved this trail. Having just moved up from Florida, I can’t just dive into some of the harder trails so the fact that this one starts off with a boardwalk is perfect! I noticed a lot of people stopping at the end of the boardwalk...DONT. KEEP GOING UP! I made it a goal to reach the top of the waterfall and it was just so beautiful. If you look closely, you’ll notice the ground is covered with adventuring Daddy Long Legs...I found it fascinating to watch them. There are definitely some slippery spots...I found this out the hard way by wearing my tennis shoes and slipping and falling right on my tush (it was just a slippery patch I hit coming back down).

This is an extremely easy and relaxing trail. Almost the entire thing is over a wooden bridge, and it may even be handicap accessible. The view is nice, and the entire thing shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes

Too easy cause on a boardwalk. Beautiful falls !

Pretty, easy short walk intersects w AT so you could go further. Can hike to top, though there is no official trail there.

Easy trail, beautiful waterfall, fun quick hike!

Nice, very short walk mostly on boardwalk that leads to a large waterfall.

My kids and I had a blast. Weather was beautiful and perfect for the hike.

Short and sweet hike to a beautiful waterfall

easy short hike, perfect for first wake up with wife and young kids

Short easy hike ending in a spectacular waterfall. Hike begins with a boardwalk through a marsh with lots of wild flowers, which is also a section of the Appalachian Trail.

Great short hike over a boardwalk to the falls. Was easily able to do this with a 2 year old in tow. We went close to dusk and there were tons of mosquitos so I’d advise going earlier in the day than later.

Thu May 09 2019

Easy trail to a beautiful waterfall.

Sat May 04 2019

perfect short hike for your dog if it is out early. Very smooth and no slippery rocks.

Sat Apr 13 2019