The Mile-Around Woods

The Mile-Around Woods is a 1.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near North Bennington, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Stopped here on the way back to NY to stretch out my legs..great little trail! Trails are well maintained and the rolling hills are beautiful...saw numerous butterflies.

Nicely shaded and well maintained. Good for pacing runs.

I have walked this trail many times over the years, and never fail to enjoy. Parking is located on the side of the road, outside the gates, with room for 4-5 cars. Follow the gravel drive up toward the woods and you’ll find the trail system maps. All trails loop back to this point and are stroller accessible. You can walk thru the woods, over grassy hills, and enjoy the many wild flowers and wildlife. My 4 year old enjoys the trails and running on the hills. Multiple geocaches are hidden along the trails too. Enjoy!

The walk in is beautiful & we enjoyed the well-kept, wide trail (including some very interesting rock features). I do not agree with the last post about the trails being well marked, though. There's one map at the trailhead but no markers throughout the walk (and there are some other side trails off the main trail, which aren't included in that trailhead map).

Friday, August 04, 2017

Well marked with various loops. Easy for the whole family to enjoy.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Great easy walk. Handicapped accessible, wheelchairs and baby carriage.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Before you actually get to the trail you have to walk down like a driveway on someone's property and other than the sign near where you park there's nothing to really tell you where you're​ going. When we got to the trailhead there was a map but there were no other signs on the trail, which wasn't really a problem for this trail because it was a nice wide easy trail but it was a problem for the trillium trail that also starts there. We did see lots of flowers and a woodpecker. I would do this hike again.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

My husband and I enjoyed this easy hike very much. Had the place to ourselves. Then met a local on the way out who took us around the Park-McCullough House. Beautiful fall scenery.

Thursday, October 06, 2016

A very nice, easy nature trail. Take time not only to enjoy the environment but also the history.

Monday, July 25, 2016

This is a great walking path, it's only a mile but we walk around it multiple times! Trail is shaded so it's nice to walk in the hot summer months.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

it was my first actual nature experience ever and I would have given it five stars, but I think that is more for rating to other people the difficulty level instead of how much I enjoyed it. anyway I brought my two very young children with me and we had a blast looking at the cool rocks and tall trees. we saw some pretty cool looking plants as well. great family bonding time and we even got to check out the horses at the end!

Thursday, August 03, 2017