The Chin via Sunset Ridge Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Underhill, Vermont that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did this a few weeks ago in the rain. Very slippery and the most crowded trail I have ever seen. Probably pretty easy if it was dry.

I started this hike today around 3 p.m. and returned to the parking lot around two hours later. It's an incredibly beautiful hike on a sunny day with amazing sunset views. I would describe it as moderately difficult but it would be extremely slippery if it had been raining. This has been my favorite hike in Vermont thus far. Hiked it by myself and ran into a lot of people both ways.

rainy day yeaterday,but the clouds were low and as soon as we got to the ridge it was all above the clouds, it was amazing

One of the most beautiful trails I've ever done (only my first in VT). The trail was very well maintained and easy to follow. My dog had no trouble, but there were a couple places that it was nice she had a pack to help her up and down from tall rocks. It is steep, but definitely worth the views. There's about a mile of ridge line before reaching the Chin, so you can take breaks and see amazing views on your way to the top.

This trail does require a bit of patience (it took about 2.5-3 hours to reach the peak. It was, however, well worth it: you are afforded the best views in all of Vermont! Be sure that you’re prepared for a steep climb, especially in the last quarter of the trial.

This trail is as good as it gets! Not for the faint of heart or those that have a fear of heights... Come prepared to be in the elements– sunscreen and sunglasses recommended, as well as a raincoat or windbreaker for the peak. The parking lot is part of Underhill Campground and Park and you need to pay a fee of $4 per person to hike (cc accepted.)

Wonderful and challenging trail.

So I’m a bit of a dope - I read about this trail on AllTrails and thought it sounded about right for me in terms of length and difficulty so off I went.

I had no idea that I was scaling the highest peak in VT with 15 yr old boots and no trekking poles, food, or company!

Doh!

Anyway...I did it and it is spectacular. An excellent challenge for the casual hiker and the views on top are a tremendous reward for the effort you will expend getting up there.

Highly recommend but take it more seriously than I did in terms of prep.

Saturday, November 11, 2017