Stowe Pinnacle Trail

Stowe Pinnacle Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stowe, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Currently closed for Mud Season. Signage is posted at trailhead.

Perfect hike up in the unseasonably warm weather today. The trail was mostly dry until closer to summit where there was some snow and ice, I was glad I brought crampons! If you see Baylor and Sampson, two golden retrievers who can regularly be found the trail, give them a big hug!!

Great hike! Didn’t need spikes, but there were some slippery slopes.
Also, Don’t eat the yellow snow

Starts off easy, gets steeper, with a few stone staircases, the grade eases at the end. There are great, 360 degree views on the summit, stretching up and down the Green Mountains and the Worcester Range. The last time I went, it was 85 degrees (on Memorial Day Weekend) so it was far less enjoyable. However, it is generally an excellent hike.

Spikes, my two kids, two dogs, amazing view from summit.

Icy (wear spikes) but fun to slide on the way down! Super windy at the peak.

Incredible views. Best hike I have done on the east coast yet!

Fun hike with a great view at the beginning and the top. Very icy though, even with microspikes we had some gnarly spills on certain segments.

We snowshoed up this trail. There was a good amount of snow cover and it was very icy in spots, so you may need crampons. The views at the top are stunning!

Winter conditions for sure. So beautiful!

Great climb. Many icy spots, especially towards the top. I would recommend the climb, but with caution.

Great hike, moderate pace took about 3 hours. Trail has some ice spots so be mindful.

Had beautiful views all the way up. Just be careful about going on a windy day. The wind will be severe at the top. My friend and I were very nervous and unable to enjoy the views like we had hoped. I would definitely go back again. One of my favorite hikes by far.

Enjoyed our hike and we were excited that the famous trail dogs were up there to greet everyone! Those dogs sure do have a perfect life!

Good hike; great views. Moderate.

lovely hike. went up there for sunrise, which offered great light.

We had a great time hiking this trail. The few flights of scrambling had me stopping to catch my breath but I am out of shape. We were greeted by the Goldens and some very nice people at the pinnacle. We went on a weekday and I can't imagine how crowded the small standing area of the pinnacle gets on the weekends. It was a beautiful and quick (about 2 hours for us novices) hike for us.

Beautiful view from the top and a good hike to get there. It was just challenging enough while still being a shorter morning hike.

Definitely a bit hard than moderate due to some hands and knee climbing at the top. Very steady incline all the way up to the top. The views were well worth it even in the rain. And the two golden retrievers at the top will just melt your heart. They are harmless and content.

Tough hike but the view was awesome, love those green mountains. Check out my full write up along with some things to look out for.

Fun Hike, a little busy as you would expect, especially at the top. The view is certainly worth it! Easy and not very demanding.

Nice steep hike - short and sweet. Great view at the top. TONS of dogs, mostly off leash. We were blessed with the 2 goldens as tour guides on the way up. They were awesome hiking companions! Very friendly and good guides.

This trail is a great day hike! The views are spectacular at the top. Make sure you pay attention when you get about 3/4 of the way up to look for the trail sign. We didn't notice the arrow sign, and started going up another trail that intercepts this trail. There are 2 golden retrievers that live close to the base of the trail and hike up the mountain everyday and just chill at the top. If you do this trail, and see these dogs.. don't get alarmed. They are very friendly, and the townies know these furry fellows!

I like hiking trails that have great views, and this one was excellent! The trail is well maintained. Although not marked that well at the very top as I had to back track at one point coming back down because I found myself off of the trail briefly where it turns 90 degrees over some rock. Overall, great trail with great view, and I would recommend it.

I parked at Upper Woods Hollow Rd as shown on this website. However, there is a shorter trail (about 1/2 mile shorter as the trail signs marked it) if you turn up Pinnacle Rd. I believe it was named the Pinnacle Meadows trail. Lots more people were hiking up that way on this particular day.

Light hike. Great view of the blue mountains. The rocks at the top can get slippery.

Half mellow, half steep and rocky. Solid payoff at the end. Beautiful pano views.

Amazing views of the Stowe mountains. Lots of fun for the kids with some rock ladders and rock climbing. Totally worth the steep hike and the complaints of your kids on the way up. Best rewarded with sweet treats at the end of the summit.

Had a great hike on this trail with my wife and 2 kids (13 and 11 y/o). Found it to be well-marked and a stunning view at the top. If you see 2 unattended golden retrievers rambling down the trail towards you barking, don't be alarmed. After a few minutes of getting to know them, we learned that these wonderful dogs, Sampson and Baylor, were just excited to accompany us on our journey up the mountain.

Nice workout!