Stowe Pinnacle Trail

Stowe Pinnacle Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Stowe, Vermont that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and bird watching and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,604 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great panoramic views. Moderate hike. LOVED meeting the two Golden’s.

had a great time. rough hard hike but we had a blast

Don’t let the beginning of this trail deceive you. It is hard and worth every step.

Hiked this trail in July. I am in fairly good condition, and this one made me work. But the views at the top are well worth the effort. Was a beautiful Saturday, and although quiet early on, by 11:00, the path became more crowded.

Beautiful views and a decently hard hike! Will return again

Love this hike. Used to do it once a week when we lived in the area. Quick up and down with wonderful rocky open views always worth it. Bring some favors and snacks.

Amazing view at the top!

Great trail for all skill levels. The trail golden retrievers were a super cute bonus :)

Great trail. Great workout. Great view at the top.

Beautiful trail, had to stop before summit as there were bear sightings of mom and Cubs

Tough and steep at times, but I'm pretty out of shape and I made it to the top in a little over an hour. Very busy trail, tons of off leashed dogs which is cool with me but if you or your kids aren't fond of dogs, don't do this trail.

A popular trail, the type of trail people do for exercise and with their kids and dogs, for the spectacular 360 view at the top. Not that I have anything against that but if you hike for a sense of seclusion in nature, there are better options. In terms of difficulty, it's a a well balanced afternoon hike.

This trail was so much fun. It wasn’t a beast of a hike, but it was definitely challenging, with lots of rocky sections and uphill battles. The view was breathtaking - I would argue even better than the view from Mansfield. All in all, a great day on the trail....we were, however, really bummed out that the Goldens weren’t there.

Was actually a little harder than we expected, but it was a good workout. A little muddy if it has rained. Wear shoes with good tread, especially if it has rained. View from the top is good. A good hike.

Girlfriend and I did this as a warm-up to Mt. Mansfield the next day. It was a bit longer than we thought; I had only looked at it on Google Maps and thought it was a quick walk up a hill to an overlook, not an almost 4mi o&b up a small mountain, so we didn't have any water or anything, but overall still a relatively short, if steep in places, hike with an amazing view of the valley and Mt. Mansfield and other peaks across from you. Some lovely folks who turned out to be from near where we live offered us some water at the top (pretty sure they thought we were idiots for not bringing any...if you're reading this, I promise we're not, I just didn't do enough research! Thanks for the drink!) The two local golden retrieves were at the top when we arrived and were a great treat to sit with for a bit and take in the scenery.

Awesome trail but definitely some steep areas with Ricky bits. Very well maintained and great workout. The views from the top are worth it. Would not recommend as a choice if it rained within a day or two as there are some steep areas that have been smoothed out and could be tricky. We did not have proper footwear (our Nikes were well worn down) and we managed fine.

We went on our first hike ever and it was amazing. My 12 yo brother follow all the way and the view was amazing.

The view is definitely worth the trek up.