Stowe Pinnacle Trail

Stowe Pinnacle Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stowe, Vermont that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This hike is really beautiful... amazing views from the top and it’s all shaded in a forest on the way there. A few things; VERY dog friendly. This was really nice because most of the East Coast doesn’t allow dogs to be off leash while they hike, so for someone from the West this trail was a breath of fresh air. There is NO WATER. No lakes, creeks, streams, nothing. Bring your own. Finally, I would classify this trail as heavily trafficked, at least on the weekends. It is basically straight up and then straight down so bring your hiking poles if you have them. Happy trails!

Beautiful views- I would rate this as an easy hike- took some friends that are beginner hikers and it was perfect for them. Views are fantastic and you will be greeted by two friendly Golden retrievers at the top! So yes very dog friendly hike!

Nice trail - came in from the Stowe Meadow Trail (new, half mile shorter, slabbing across the hill to meet up w Stowe Pinnacle Trail). Very busy. Many dogs. No biting insects today (only one moth noticed ). Very cool 50 - 60 w incoming showers. Rich northern hardwoods - many trillium and other wildflowers in the understory (but the blooms in the woods mostly stopped when the leaves filled out a month ago). Still clintonia, Canada mayflower, bunchberry and goldthread blooming up on the Wooster Range (Skyline Trail) where spring still reigns at solstice tide. Winter wrens, juncos and white-throated sparrows on Pinnacle (above small vista). 360 view including Breadloaf in Ripton north up to Elmore and Lowell. Mont Owls Head in QC peeking up. The trail from the Pinnacle up to the Skyline Trail on Hogback is much less trafficked. Excellent condition. Steeper, rocky, interesting, sporting. Small rock shelter near top. ~130 feet north (left) on Skyline Trail is a tiny side path to a small vista with a view north up the range. Swainson’s thrushes and black-polled warblers. Deep mosses. Moose and coyote scat from last winter.

it's a lot of steep climbing but we'll marked and popular on weekends. if you're an infrequent hiker it will be a challenge but not overly so. well worth the effort for us.

Great views at the top! It was a little buggy but to be expected, meeting the two mountain dogs Baylor and Samson was awesome they hiked up with us! They got along great with our dog. Would hike this again!

Fun easy trail with lots of stairs. Close to town and fun to do!

Beautiful day climbing stowe pinnacle trail. An easy/moderate challenge with rewarding 360 views at the top. We were met by golden retrievers Sampson and Baylor. We gave them GREAT BIG HUGS and some water.

Beautiful & challenging hike with amazing views at the top

Nice wet, cool, muddy trek on this day. It wasn't too annoying though and we lucked out on top. It was a very cloudy day but we get a 5 min break in the action which allowed for awesome views down into the valley. We didn't get the expansive views others have described so we'll just have to return. We descended via the Meadow trail option to the other parking lot. That trail was actually closed (sign down at the trailhead). It turned out that was the dryer option. All good, I ran down the road to get the car and came back to fetch my fellow hikers. Just do it!

The Stowe Pinnacle is an easier trail that provides inspiring views once one arrives at the top. Perfect view of Mount Mansfield to the west, and a sweeping view of the large valley to the south, including Waterbury Reservoir miles in the distance. Much of the elevation gain is made on rocky steps that provide good footing. I've seen many families with young children tackling this hike.

Really nice hike. Trail was mostly dry with a few muddy sections, though not difficult to pass. Pinnacle summit was stunning with lots of rocks to climb for multiple views.
Did not bring my dog but encountered many along the way, would definitely say the trail is easy for them. Loved meeting Baylor and Samson, the local dogs at the top.
Went along the skyline trail for a bit (not all the way to Mt. Hunger) but did not find it that nice. Overall not too demanding but still swore at myself during some steep sections.

Currently closed for Mud Season. Signage is posted at trailhead.

Perfect hike up in the unseasonably warm weather today. The trail was mostly dry until closer to summit where there was some snow and ice, I was glad I brought crampons! If you see Baylor and Sampson, two golden retrievers who can regularly be found the trail, give them a big hug!!

Great hike! Didn’t need spikes, but there were some slippery slopes.
Also, Don’t eat the yellow snow

Starts off easy, gets steeper, with a few stone staircases, the grade eases at the end. There are great, 360 degree views on the summit, stretching up and down the Green Mountains and the Worcester Range. The last time I went, it was 85 degrees (on Memorial Day Weekend) so it was far less enjoyable. However, it is generally an excellent hike.

Spikes, my two kids, two dogs, amazing view from summit.

Icy (wear spikes) but fun to slide on the way down! Super windy at the peak.

Incredible views. Best hike I have done on the east coast yet!

Fun hike with a great view at the beginning and the top. Very icy though, even with microspikes we had some gnarly spills on certain segments.

We snowshoed up this trail. There was a good amount of snow cover and it was very icy in spots, so you may need crampons. The views at the top are stunning!

Winter conditions for sure. So beautiful!

Great climb. Many icy spots, especially towards the top. I would recommend the climb, but with caution.

Great hike, moderate pace took about 3 hours. Trail has some ice spots so be mindful.

Had beautiful views all the way up. Just be careful about going on a windy day. The wind will be severe at the top. My friend and I were very nervous and unable to enjoy the views like we had hoped. I would definitely go back again. One of my favorite hikes by far.

Enjoyed our hike and we were excited that the famous trail dogs were up there to greet everyone! Those dogs sure do have a perfect life!

Good hike; great views. Moderate.

lovely hike. went up there for sunrise, which offered great light.

We had a great time hiking this trail. The few flights of scrambling had me stopping to catch my breath but I am out of shape. We were greeted by the Goldens and some very nice people at the pinnacle. We went on a weekday and I can't imagine how crowded the small standing area of the pinnacle gets on the weekends. It was a beautiful and quick (about 2 hours for us novices) hike for us.

Beautiful view from the top and a good hike to get there. It was just challenging enough while still being a shorter morning hike.

Definitely a bit hard than moderate due to some hands and knee climbing at the top. Very steady incline all the way up to the top. The views were well worth it even in the rain. And the two golden retrievers at the top will just melt your heart. They are harmless and content.