Sterling Falls Trail [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(35)
Stowe, Vermont

Sterling Falls Trail [CLOSED] is a 0.8 kilometer out and back trail located near Stowe, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 0.8 km Elevation Gain: 31 m Route Type: Out & Back

closed

Note: The Sterling Falls Gorge Natural Area Trust has decided to close the trail for the 2019 - 2020 winter season due to dangerous conditions caused by seasonal weather.

Great walk with my wife and 5 year old daughter. Beautiful!!!

This is one of the most beautiful short trail that you will ever do! The gorge and waterfalls are unbelievable!

Very short hike but amazing gorge! We also on the way there right before we got to the start of it. Maybe ten mins saw our first bear!

I’m not sure if it was just lucky timing, but this place was magical today. Check out the photo I posted. Beautiful spot and we had it all to ourselves for over an hour. Make sure to go left when you hit the falls trail. Recommended.

The water fall side is beautiful, the river runs fast but is quiet and wonderful. Took my husband, dog and kids (6&8) and we had a nice afternoon.

Enjoyed this trail and scenery. Went past the falls viewing area. Trip down and back up was fairly easy, but muddy in spots.

This is a very nice easy hike for kids and adults. Has lots of cool educational facts alone the trail.

Mon May 27 2019

Easy and educational.

Tue Oct 16 2018

Well worth it. Beautiful views, easy parking, & educational signs.

Fri Aug 17 2018

An easy light trail down. Didn’t bring a swimming suit but wish I had! I would have gone again if my vacation was longer. Beautiful!

Tue Jul 17 2018

This is a lovely easy trail that follows a mountain brook and various small falls. The drive to the trail was beautiful! We even saw a black bear bumble across the road.

Thu Jul 12 2018

Beautifully maintained trail. most of it is relatively flat with lots of tree roots. it's really close to a step drop off at the beginning, so don't bring little kids unless they'll hold your hand firmly. great informational signs. This is right near mountain biking and the Catamount cross country ski trail. A great hidden gem of a resource. and it's a beautiful drive to get to the trail head.

Tue Jun 12 2018

Beautifully maintained trail with geologic education posters along the way. The views are peaceful and stunning.

Mon Jun 03 2019