Spruce Mountain

Spruce Mountain is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Plainfield, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice hike with kids

great hike with dog

Great easy hike to the top. There's is a fire tower on the top that you can climb for 360 viewing.

Quickly easy hike

good views, use bug spray.

Very rocky but a pretty easy hike for a beginner. The views at the top are worth it. It took us about 2 hours round trip.

One of my most favorite fire towers. Check out my full write up along with pictures and things to look out for.

Great views from the old fire tower.

7/6/17
A nice short hike but kinda buggy so bring some bug repellent. There were some muddy spots along the way but nothing a little step planning couldn't get ya through.
Overall a good day on the trail.

Hiked the trail 7/4/17. The trail had heavy traffic. I've hiked this mountain many times. This is the first time I've seen the trail look a little run down. It's definitely wet with all of the rain. Several areas were quite deep with mud. I used my poles to find the stepping stones so my boots didn't take a beating. Once at the summit, we went into the observation tower. It was very windy today and the tower felt a little unsafe due to higher wind speeds. This is a great hike- lots of steep granite to climb.

We had a great hike up spruce mountain with our kiddos. Even with all the water, the rocks were not slippery. Lots of black flies at the top. Cool caves along the way.

Climbed this trail yesterday. Pretty damp and slippery in spots but not bad overall. The bugs at the top were terrible. We were only able to say up there for about 5 minutes they were so bad.

Very easy hike, lots of bugs this time of year at the top. Not too many people on the trails today. Overall loved it!!