Snake Mountain

Snake Mountain is a 5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Middlebury, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

No indications on where the trails are and where they get you to. Thanks to my iPhone and this app. I was able to get back to my car without having to camp overnight on the mountain. No joke.

Great hike for those who aren't look for a full day hike or anything rugged. The top is a great place to have a picnic because of the flat cement surface

Going up there were a few switchbacks but throughout the trail there were some flat areas. The view from the top is amazing. We saw the entire area laid out in front of us. Going down was or favorite part. If you go more right you will pick up the yellow trail which brings you down via the pond and there is another wonderful view from there. If you go down by the pond you do not have the switchbacks and it is a very relaxing trail. Highly recommended

Great climb, beautiful view of the lake and New York.

My husband and I tried to do the loop indicated on the All Trails map. Making it to the lookout point was relatively simple (west side of the loop). We then tried to finish the east side. This trail wasn't just poorly marked - it wasn't marked AT ALL! We had to use our phone's GPS and the app to estimate where the trail *would* have been. Once we found the connection to the east side, it was okay.

I do not recommend this full loop if you don't want to do some orienteering. The out-and-back to the lookout is great. We saw lots of families with happy children on the way to the lookout!

This was a relatively easy hike for me and the kiddos. We brought lunch and ate at a gorgeous lookout point.