Smugglers Notch Trail

Smugglers Notch Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Stowe, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

Nice trail. Met a lot of people with their dogs. Beautiful day for a hike like this one. Some great views once you get to the top. If you don't want to meet a lot of people don't go here.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Friday, June 10, 2016

Great hike but I would NOT rate it as easy, at least not if you end up on the Long Trail on the way home (especially on a rainy day in June). Wear waterproof boots for sure as you walk through a lot of streams and I even had to wade through a shallow river at the end. Also wear warmer clothes than you might expect as it was windy and much colder at the top. I recommend getting to the pond and then going back on the pond trail if you want an easy hike, otherwise it is quite long (and seemed to take me more than the 5 miles states) but really good and with great views! There is actually a trail that takes you to a vista off the long trail as well, with a great view. Otherwise, I found the portion connecting the Long Trail to the highway to walk back was not a marked trail for a part of it but if I followed the map closely I could almost "bushwack" back. All in all, it was definitely a great and challenging hike.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

I'm using this trail because its closest to Bingham Falls. Well apparently they are related but Bingham falls can actually be found about 2 miles down the road. The hike is easy. Except when you are closer to the falls where you need to hike down some steepness. But you'll be ok if you're careful. People swim here. I jumped from the top of the falls. Which I wouldn't recommend if you don't know how. I landed in the water wrong lololololol but it's absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks.

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Nice hike but can get crowded because it's right at the summit of the Stowe-Smuggler's Notch road, where lots of tourists stop. Good workout for all levels and ages of hikers

Tuesday, September 04, 2012