Shrewsbury Peak Trail

Shrewsbury Peak Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Plymouth, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November.

First of all, this trail is not kid friendly. as two adults, we had trouble hiking this trail. A large portion of the trail is very steep, which I would not say is suitable for children. The view was not all that great - it was only seen through trees and there were a ton of bugs for the top portion and at the peak. It took approximately 3 hours to complete. Be sure to download the map, as there are several ambiguous forks along the trail.

I hiked the trail with my friend and her 1.5 year old son. This trail is not kid friendly! It became pretty steep and rocky towards the top. If you have to carry a kid on your back I suggest not going up this trail! The view at the top was pretty, minus some trees in the way. We didn't see a single person on the trail today. It was marked well enough for us to easily navigate our way.

Thursday, July 21, 2016