Shrewsbury Peak Trail

Shrewsbury Peak Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Plymouth, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Challenging but beautiful trail with a decent view at the peak. I hiked all the way to the peak with my wife, 11 year old daughter, 4 year old daughter, and 2 year old daughter (in a carrier on my back), if you are out of shape probably should prepare for this hike before attempting. This trail is pretty steep and having excellent cardio is a must. Bring plenty of water and food. Also, unless your children are like mine and do very well with hard hikes I wouldn’t bring your children. Starting at he CCC road it about 2 hours to hike to the peak and about 1-1/2 to get back.

-Caleb

Steep hike with no view at the top.

I enjoy this trail as an afternoon challenge. While it’s not very kid-friendly, I have taken my young children up it to the peak. Not for the faint hearted or out of shape.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

First of all, this trail is not kid friendly. as two adults, we had trouble hiking this trail. A large portion of the trail is very steep, which I would not say is suitable for children. The view was not all that great - it was only seen through trees and there were a ton of bugs for the top portion and at the peak. It took approximately 3 hours to complete. Be sure to download the map, as there are several ambiguous forks along the trail.

Friday, July 07, 2017

I hiked the trail with my friend and her 1.5 year old son. This trail is not kid friendly! It became pretty steep and rocky towards the top. If you have to carry a kid on your back I suggest not going up this trail! The view at the top was pretty, minus some trees in the way. We didn't see a single person on the trail today. It was marked well enough for us to easily navigate our way.

Sunday, June 11, 2017