Sherburne Trail to Pico Peak

Sherburne Trail to Pico Peak is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Killington, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

Parking Lot: Sherburne Pass Trailhead off Route 4 is just past the Pico ski area heading east from Rutland, VT. It is just beyond the Brad Mead road on the left side of the road. It is free to park here.

Great hike with great views.

Solid hike. Pretty mellow until you hit the ski trails, then the steeps begin. Final half mile is seriously steep; hands necessary up and down. Cool views. Easier summit than Equinox.

This is my first year hiking. I set out on this trail at 4:30pm on May 14th. Weather at trail head was 46 degree with a over cast. However I want to climb the peak. I was moving at about 900 steps pre ten minutes. Trail was well marked, one of the best I've seen this year. However it was muddy and super wet. About half way up there was snow, and it gets steep in spots. Like crawling steep only in spots do to all the rain and snow the trail was a brook. I see now why the green mountain clubs state trail closed until Morial day. However I don't listen and did it anyway. Weather changed quick at top of Mountain. Due to wet feet I walked service road back to bottom. I didn't like that it's a ski and cell phone gig. But it was nice and the closes I've been to 4000 feet yet. So much over cast I could get good picture. Deer leap loop is better hike for view !! Be well and see you on the trails, namaste!!

This was a very beautiful but difficult hike, exactly what we were looking for.

Nice hike through hardwoods then pine to Pico Peak. Everything in Vermont is just lovely.

Great trail.

great hike! little mouse, 2 garter snakes, many quick squirrels, and a beautiful view. climbed up the gondola tower, so windy!

We accidentally took this hike looking for Deer Leap Trail....whoops.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Beautiful but really buggy.

Sunday, July 17, 2016