Shelburne Bay Loop

Shelburne Bay Loop is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Shelburne, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

sea kayaking

When I did the search for Shelburne Pond I was taken to a trail map on Lake Champlain also in the town of Shelburne. Is there a trail map for Shelburne Pond? My sister and I took our two grandsons who really enjoyed trying to be"pathfinders" but we were underwhelmed with the squirrel cage path network. The boys were rewarded with a natural cave find! A highlight but not sure we could find it again.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Monday, August 01, 2016

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Saturday, November 02, 2013

This trail is fun, but is RIDICULOUSLY short. Someone screwed up Alltrails and posted that this was a 3 mile hike, so I went to do it today and found out that even with all of the side trails, I only walked a mile. This is a half mile trail, about 1 mile as a loop. It's odd that it's so tiny, considering the expanse of area around the pond...I was hoping that it would be identical to Colchester Pond, where you have a large loop that goes around the entire body of water. This trail barely leaves the parking lot. I had fun on it, but I caution you that the trail is VERY poorly marked, and at least 10 times I had to stop and look 360 degrees to find a trail marker (and usually didn't) because the trail either split and went multiple directions, or nowhere at all. There were at least 5 random trail spurs that went off in totally different directions, all unmarked. I'm a big off-trail person, so I followed every one of them, and did the whole trail twice today to make sure I wasn't missing something...but in the end I realized that yes, this trail really is that short.

Saturday, July 06, 2013

For hiking the trails were great. I would like to come back when I have more time to explore.

Monday, July 30, 2012

There's a few different trails you can take here. We talked to a woman before we went in and she warned us about some big trees that had fallen over some of the trails and that we would have to find our way around the ,she was right. The paths weren't marked very well. You pop out onto the the pond a few times in different places so I think next time we'll bring our fishing poles.