Red Rocks Park Loop Trail

Red Rocks Park Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near South Burlington, Vermont that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

rock climbing

beach

I just love this place which Is close to where I live and is an easy go to for me! Easy trails with beautiful views of Lake Champlain, the Adirondacks, Camels Hump and Mount Philo at look out points. Great for walking, trail running, biking as well as winter activities. Go get it!

Good trails, but most are not marked and there are many trails that divert off the main one. Great views of the lake, both high up on the cliffs and close to the water!!

Loved it. Took our dog here. Just passing through the area. Lots of doggies on the trail and cool views! Easy peasy.

Awesome views of the lake!

Love this place. Was my everyday dog walk when we lived in Burlington.

Easy and quick retreat from the city. Beautiful overlooks with nice breezes from the lake.

not free..I don't agree

Buggy. Wish the talks were marked. Very confusing. Good spot for walking dogs, though.

Easy trail, stroller friendly, beautiful views! Access to the beach makes it even more enjoyable

would give it a 3.5, sometimes croweded but a great veiw of the lake and cool woods.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Great views!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Great trails for a relaxing day out.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Easy, beautiful location. Pet friendly. Beautiful views of lake.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Easy and fun walk with the family. Smooth, wide path good for trail running. Beautiful views of water and mountains.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I like to run here with my dog. Then cool off in the lake.

Monday, July 04, 2016

One of my absolute favorites. Jumping off the cliffs is a blast.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Great easy hike for any skill level with some pretty nice lookouts onto Lake Champlain.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Cool scenes, nice to walk.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Good.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

I think the 3 star ranking is low - it's an easy 3 mile hike but the views along the lake are incredible. Cool place for dogs and kids .... One knock... Trails are not well marked but we had a blast!!

Sunday, November 01, 2015

The trailhead is currently incorrect, you will find it on Center Rd. This is a very nice and easy hike with some unique flora and a few nice cliff views over the lake. You can descent the cliffs and climb them, but they do not allow diving. The traffic can be pretty high with joggers and dog-walkers.

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Red Rocks Park is a nice little flat loop ! Great tall trees make it a nice place to walk, on a warm day !

Monday, May 25, 2015

Very easy and enjoy able hike. I did the entire loop. There was a light drizzle, but the amount of trees kept me covered and dry. Very empty for Memorial Day weekend! A great place to escape so nearby and disconnect from city noise. I walked, but I am already planning a run soon! It's about 2 miles and is pretty flat, except some ups and downs that will add some areas to push a little harder in. Nice views of Lake Champlain and super peaceful!

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Good, well-used network of trails in a woodlands park near Burlington, VT. Views of the lake, forested paths, and cliffs. Nice spot to walk your dog, see some trees, and get a little exercise very close to town. Accessible year round.

Sunday, July 07, 2013

This was a nice little hike. It was perfect for my two and five year old girls and our little dog. The views were great too. Hikers beware though...make sure to lock your car doors! We thought we had locked up, however upon returning from the walk we saw the mini vans side door was open and found out my purse was taken and $34 from my mother in-law's wallet. So while the hike itself was enjoyable the discovery of missing items soured the experience. Oh well, lesson learned. One, double check doors. Two, purchase an identity protection plan!

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

A very nice walk through the woods with some great vistas. You can do this as a loop or out-and-back if you want. Loop is around 2 mi. Great for a nice trail run or walk with your dog.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Easy trails for kids and families with great views of the lake as well as a beach.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Great for a Sunday morning walk with the dog.