Red Rocks Park Loop Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(222)
Red Rocks Park

Red Rocks Park Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near South Burlington, Vermont that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 226 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

beach

Good hike run with little elevation

Easy walk, great views, dog-friendly! Lots of different trails to explore.

Well kept and nice peaceful and close to walk trail. People were doing an great job physically distancing.

recorded Red Rocks Park Loop Trail

Great trail and views. Lots of off shoots to venture down.

Really nice hike with lots of different trail options! Beautiful view of the lake and dog friendly!

icy

Great little hike! There are multiple trails to choose from and all are easy. One note use ice clamps on your shoes it was very ice. Also a lot of dogs on and off leash all well behaved. We will go back again.

Day after snowfall the trail was beautiful.

Excellent trail. Lots of choices. Beautiful scenery.

Took our friends dog for a walk here, great views and nice wide trails

this is a nice easy systen with great views of the lake and and nice interior trails as well. Was 33 degrees and sunny when I went. A bit cold but absolutely worth it!

Lovely, easy trail with lake views and pretty woods, trail is gently sloping and even, well maintained.

Beautiful walk in the woods, some views of the lake, very wide easy trail.

If you are looking for a trail close to downtown Burlington for a quick morning hike, this is a great one. beautiful wooded forest with lots of boulders and moss. Also offers great views of lake Champlain.

It was great for me and my dog. Very few people on the trail.

So, so nice. Wonderful outlooks over Lake Champlain, and a great combination of forested paths and wide flat paths.

A stroll I. The woods through the woods in the shade on a HUMID day. Shortened the loop.

A beginner trail, nice gentle walking, wide paths, with beautiful rock formations and glimpses of Lake Champlain along the way. Convenient for city dwellers and pretty darn nice for a city getaway. Mostly tree covered, bugs were not bad. Well signed.

Very happily surprised- So far it’s our favorite place to hike!

Needs more signage, but otherwise a really nice and easy hike with shade and views of the water. Be careful of your dog doesn’t like off leash dogs though. My dogs are very anxious with off leash dogs when they are on leash but there was a women there who had her dog off leash and it wouldn’t leave us alone, stressing out my dogs. This is why we try to go to trails that need dogs on leash, but people still don’t follow the rules.

This is definitely my favorite trail so far. It’s mostly a long loop through the woods with plenty of wide, shady paths, perfect for the jogging stroller. There’s beach access and a couple of lookout points. One porta potty on site. Better signage would be great, but if you’ve got this app or a map of the place, it’ll be easy.

great trail for beginners! needs more signage though. we got lost between them

Trails were beautiful and the first few dog owners I came across were great, but unfortunately even with signs everywhere to keep your dog on leash many were off leash and my dog doesnt like being approached by off leash dogs. This just causes stress for people and my dog just cares about me and is fine walking past on leash dogs, but hes been attacked by off leash dogs, keep your dogs on a leash, and be respectful of others!

After driving all day I was looking for a place to stretch my legs, this was perfect! This route is a combination of a couple trails which cross and intersect, so keep the app handy so you don’t turn onto the wrong trail.

this would make a great running or walking trail.

Try these trails in early May for one gazillion wildflowers, especially trillium. Beautiful.

A great wide trail that kept us guessing... the posts are true regarding a lack of signs and appearance of ‘other’ trails. We easily got in our 10k steps with a few side trails and taking one loop twice :-) A few lookouts and beautiful views along the way, a few wet areas but we trekked after recent rains. Heard plenty of different birds and met with one startled snake. A great walk and worth a regular visit.

Beautiful trail, very little mud considering how much rain we've had. Not a particularly long trail but very pleasant.

nice casual loop with wide paths and plenty of trail markers. the lake views on the lake trail were gorgeous. the top hook this map has you start on is saddled up to some industry which works against the calmness of this park altogether. it is also the muddiest part of the park. I suggest entering and exiting using the straight path below it.