Rattlesnake Cliffs Trail to Aunt Jenny Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Salisbury, Vermont that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderate 4 mile forest loop with gorgeous view of Lake Dunmore. Please note Rattlesnake Cliff area and access to the cliff overlook are closed March 1 - August 15 to protect Peregrine Falcons. Other trails such as Oak Ride, North Brand, and Moosalamoo remain open to the public.

Trail has been relocated near the top (after the upper Jenny/Ratllesnake intersection), adding 1/3 mile in each direction, winding up towards the Oak Ridge trail then back to the cliff overlook. New section is fairly steep, and was a bit slippery when I visited. Still, a great payoff at the end with amazing views of Lake Dunmore, Silver Lake, the Moosalamoo woods, and the Champlain Valley.

Nice trail for a day hike. the trail itself is actually slightly more than 5 miles.

Very nice! A perfect short trail ☺️

Was a lot of fun. View was incredible.

Awesome payoff at the top, the views were amazing. I did Rattlesnake both up and back. I think the mileage is off however, they have rerouted the trail and added several switchbacks, the signs say is 1.5 miles from the falls, it was closer to 2 miles from the falls to the Vista points on the cliffs-so worth it however!!

great trail for bringing my dog. gorgeous views at the top. went on a hot day so when we got back we went over to Danbury Park for a swim. will definitely go again!

Great hike with our dog on 9/2/18. The views from the top were spectacular. Took us about 2.5 hours.

Great hike.

We travelled up the Rattlesnake Cliffs trail and down the Aunt Jenny.
Both seemed equivalent to me and moderate difficulty seems accurate.
We went on a pleasant June morning about 70F 20C.
Of course you cannot get to the scenic overlook between April and September because of the peregrine falcons nesting.
I would like to do it again when it is open.
Enjoyed the falls at the bottom.
The path at the top has been re-routed but will still take you to the overlook.
Follow the signs not the all trails map.

We went up the Rattlesnake Cliffs trail and back down the Aunt Jenny Trail. Great view of the lake from the cliff vista.

If I were to do this hike again I would just do the Aunt Jenny Trail up and back. I thought it was more traveled and maintained. I knew the cliffs would most likely be closed (from March 15-August 15) but I still really enjoyed the hike and had views going up through the trees. I will definitely do it again in the fall.

Long climb to the top but worth it for the view. Challenging but the kids (12 and 7) kept up. Plenty to look at along the way to take a few breaks here and there.

One of the first hikes I did in VT. The falls were fun to explore and great view of Lake Dunmore at the top!

Difficult

Sunday, October 15, 2017

In parts challenging for beginners, but the view from Rattlesnake vista was totally worth it. We went during Fall and it was incredible. Our dogs went along and were a little frustrated by having to be kept on leash the whole way.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

the view alone was worth the effort! we found by accident as we were just looking for the falls...ended up hiking to the vista! breathtaking views.

Friday, September 22, 2017

The trail would be challenging for a beginner, but turned out to be a perfect moderate difficulty trail. Follow the signs for vista off of rattlesnake trail for a beautiful view of Lake Dunmore and Silver Lake. Great hike!

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Radiant, beautiful day.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Good day hike - challenging enough with a pay-off at the top. As of Labor Day weekend, 2017, there seems to be a series of new switchbacks near the top that join with the ridge trail. These new switchbacks are not on the map.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Great view at the top!

Friday, August 18, 2017

Great park and great view of Lake Dunmore and Silver Lake. Really enjoyed this trail!

Friday, August 11, 2017

Should be rated hard as it is very challenging in my opinion. Great views along the way and make sure to hike all the way to Rattlesnake Cliff (ok after August 1st as Peregrine falcon restrictions lifted) for great view of Lake Dunmore and Green Mountain ranges. Stunning

Monday, July 24, 2017

Such a fun hike!! Good views of Lake Dunmore and Silver Lake.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Trail was pretty, but the rattlesnake trail wasn't very well maintained. The cliffs are closed between April 15th and August 1st, so there's no view of the lake

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Lovely trail! Well worth the veiws at the top

Monday, May 22, 2017

We did this trail on Saturday, up Rattlesnake and down aunt Jenny. A good hike and the views from the cliffs were amazing.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

one of the most memorable hikes.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Loved this trail and all of iuts inclines

Monday, October 17, 2016

We hiked the Aunt Jenny trail to Rattlesnake Cliff, view was amazing, we timed the foliage perfectly. Well worth the trip

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Went yesterday with 2 friends. The views from Rattlesnake Cliffs are fantastic, but keep in mind that to reach Rattlesnake Cliffs, the trail goes beyond what is shown on the AllTrails map, There are 2 places to get views from the top. There is a trail off to the left as you walk up that is labeled "vista" that is one of the spots. The other one is available if you continue straight for a short distance. Check out both, as they offer views in different directions.

FYI - Rattlesnake Cliffs are closed for the peregrine falcon nesting season, so be sure to visit after August 1.