Pond Summit and Snake Mountain Loop is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Vergennes, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike, but challenging. Went up via Pond Summit and down the Summit trail. I needed to stop and catch my breath a couple of times on the way up. So glad we brought walking sticks to help with our footing. Lots of loose rocks with leaves covering them made for some unsteady moments. By the end of the hike, I was pretty sick of all the rocks! Also, we tried to take the Pond Single Track back but couldn’t find the trail.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The view from the top (foundation of the former hotel) is stunning. 5 stars. The trail up is easy to follow but not very pretty. This the lower rating. I heard (after the fact) that there is a loop containing one of VT's few old growth forests. That would be worth finding.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

1st on my quest to hike every trail with a vista this summer. Amazing views from this former hotel location. Busy on weekends. Parking is an
Issue as the lot is small. Great hike for families with big reward at the top.

Friday, October 20, 2017