Okemo Mountain via Healdville Trail

Okemo Mountain via Healdville Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mt. Holly, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1909 feet

rails trails

Great hike! Took us about 3.5 with a few stops to pet dogs and climb the watch tower. Great workout and moderate hike!

Great Hike, not too difficult and very enjoyable! Very windy at the top of the tower but 360 views are great! We had lunch on the grass underneath the chair lift, again great views and very quiet!

Loved it! The view was absolutely amazing! The passing by views were the same. Passed by a babbling Brooke. Would not recommend this trail for small children or dogs because of the steep heights. Make sure you bring flashlights in case you get caught in the dark. Took a partner and I around six hours to finish this track while taking breaks and looking at the views. Overall wonderful!

The first two miles meander uphill with a good mix of flats and climbs. There are two small outlooks before you reach the main summit. The final mile is the hardest on the way up with the steepest sections and is thus the hardest part of the way down. The views from the top of the fire tower are great. For those not comfortable climbing the tower I suggest taking the short spur to the Mt. Road and taking a left to climb up to the ski lift overlook down towards town. I would not recommend this trail for dogs or young kids. Know your ability as it's essentially all uphill.

Very gradual ascent, great views from the fire tower. Trail is well maintained. Pleasant half day hike.

Clearly marked trail. Good balance of switch backs, steep and flat intervals.

Trailhead has parking at base, access is via station rd just over the train tracks, make a left.

If you only want to do one direction and are hiking with a group, someone at Okemo recommended parking 1 car at the base and 1 at the top of Okemo near the fire tower, which is where the trail end.

It starts with a steady climb that levels out and doesn't become difficult until you're about a half mile from the top. It's a very peaceful trail and it's well-marked with blue markers. A bear did come across the path as I was coming down from the top with about 2 miles still to go. It saw me, turned around, and ran off down the path. I would just be careful and be prepared if necessary. Overall - great hike!

Perfect day hike. In late May the way is very muddy & the black flies are in full force but the air is pleasant. The Summit includes a very steep, high fire tower that must be climbed to really see the views.

Ended up hiking this on the rain. A deluge actually on the way back. But all in all it was a nice hike in late April - snow still at the top. The first mile or so was not kind (just steep) but the rest of the hike wasn't bad.

I love this Hike❤️

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Moderate incline the whole way without many great stopping points. Nice view from the fire tower at the top but extremely buggy in late May. Our group instantly turned back around and hit up the Long Trail Brewery for a well deserved beer

Thursday, May 26, 2016

easy hike but the view was beautiful

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Went late march so some harder parts with leftover ice. Snuck into some of the unused trails on other side in Mt Okemo. Most insane way to go sledding on your rain jacket definitely recommend doing this. Trails not too hard, but not many areas for good views. Only good view is at the top in the firetower and its well worth the trip.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Completed this in several feet of snow with my dog. Beautiful views from the Fire Tower up top. If you go in early March, you won't see a soul!

Saturday, September 19, 2015

This trail is in my hometown and I've hiked it several times in different seasons...generally it's not a trail I go to when craving solitude, but the fire tower is a nice bonus! Gradual and meandering most of the way up, with a few steeper pitches.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Very nice trail, this one will challenge some who aren't used the the hills of Vermont. Met a few at the top who were pretty pooped. Not to rough a trail in general, very well groomed, and there was some trailwork that was obviously done in the past month.
The view from the fire tower was tremendous.
This isn't a trail you hike for solitude. I met quite a few people at the trail and at the top, and it wasn't even a weekend.

Monday, August 03, 2015

Nice hike! Views from the fire tower are pretty incredible for sure!

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Okemo was the first Vermont day hike my wife and I completed after moving to the Green Mountain State.

We enjoyed reaching the fire tower, taking photos, listening to the stream, and saying hello to others on the trail.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Wow. This was an awful tough hike for us. Our only hike prior was White Rocks in Wallingford and this was much longer and tougher on us and the kids (8,7 and 4). The little guy got a free ride on our shoulders about half of the hike up. The beautiful view was truly our drive and to me was worth the hike but I'm not so sure it was for the kids. I'd recommend this for a bit more experienced
hiker or hikers than ourselves. We were completely depleted when we got home.

Thursday, August 01, 2013

We were exhausted after this walk. Midwesterners so very strenuous although rated moderate. Beautiful shade an beautiful view at the top firetower.