Nebraska Notch, Lake Mansfield Trail

Nebraska Notch, Lake Mansfield Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stowe, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Perfect hike! Meandering trail. Lots of ponds, rivers, flowers, moss, trees. I was smiling the whole time. First 1/4 really easy trek, next 1/2 somewhat challenging uphill with rocks, then last 1/4 easy again. No real 'peak' with a view, but still an amazing hike. Would do again.

Moderate. Beautiful. My companions who wore sneakers weren't happy, but I was fine with boots. One steep climb. Ends at Taylor Lodge.

Easy hike with good views

Nice on a rainy day, the falls were particulary great.

Good hike for older kids. My 5 years old girl struggled a little bit. Well marked. The view of the lake and the waterfall (Small one) was very nice.

Lovely hike out & back with young families. Our 4-year old could have technically hiked the whole thing, but his pace would have kept us out longer than we had time for. We especially had fun exploring the rock cave and climbing up the ladder on the "rough" trail. Taylor lodge was the perfect spot to contain mobile kiddos while we ate a snack before descending. With a 4-year old, 15month old and 6 month old plus pup it took 4 hours round trip, snack included. Def would recommend!

Beautiful hike with waterfalls and babbling brooks along the way. Moderate hike with a large portion being uphill. There are areas where it's quite muddy but it's not difficult to maneuver through, lots of rocks to use as stepping stones. Rockier in some spots than I anticipated (even though it's listed as rocky). No bugs when we hiked but I recommend having bug spray on hand because it's seems like the perfect environment for deer fly and mosquitos. Taylor Lodge is at the top and is pretty cool. FOR OUT-OF-STATERS.. we've had lots of rain here in VT which is the reason for all the mud and i'm assuming accounts for the excessive waterfalls, streams and brooks so I'm not sure if this review will be accurate if the rain ever stops and we get a real VT summer.

Nice, moderate trail. As you approach via car, there are lots of private property signs. Keep going. Just as you begin to lose hope there is public parking, you will see a small sign on the right directing you up a steep hill to public parking and the trail head. No stunning views but nice waterfall and beaver dams.