Mount Pisgah Trail

Mount Pisgah Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Orleans, Vermont that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,653 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I hiked Mount Pisgah in mid September and paddled Lake Willoughby the day prior. Dropped off at the South trailhead and picked up at the North trailhead. Intermediate but strenuous at times, the views on the North Trail just past the summit are as wonderful as any you'll experience in the Northeast! And taking a post hike dip in the deep, cold water of Lake Willoughby is incredibly refreshing.

Some challenging parts with steep slopes. Well traveled and marked trail. Great views at the lookout areas. Keep an eye out for the signage up top to make sure you don't miss the lookout areas. Well worth the hike!

Not an easy hike but beautiful views

Beautiful trail! Met a lot of great people along the way. It would be nice to have the top more clearly signed, a few hikers almost missed the view.

Hike with incredible views but many people on the trail (August).

Nothing to say apart, beautiful!

Made with children from 5-8 years old + my mother from 70. Intense by location.

Beautiful forest, amazing view!

Excellent hiking with hard parts. Beautiful points of view. Render on the rock at the top, continue another half kilometer to get to the point of view "Overlook"; you have to go down a bit, but it's worth it. No insect at this time of the year; GREAT:)

Intense climb in places, but the view at the top is worth it! I loved the course and the path is very well indicated! Some beautiful points of view. Stop to admire the scenery !!!!

We did the trail in 1:15h, we could have done it in an hour but we stopped to take pictures. There are a few small lookouts spots along the way with pretty amazing views. Its a bit challenging if you are afraid of heights when you get to the edge of the lookouts. Few places were muddy and slippery, would recommend to go when its dry. Overall good trail, beautiful path to the top and when you look down you can see the turquoise water.

No bugs, no mud. Seems like the perfect time to hike this trail. For the best lake views continue from the summit via Trail mark on the rocks, follow the signage for West Lookouts then North Lookout, then the first "Overlook" sign. Saw a bald eagle & falcons!

A beautiful mountain accessible, not far from the house! Very beautiful points of view and is done when quickly mixes! I highly recommend it!

I went with my spouse and my 3 children .. it is very beautiful and the path is well maintained but what a climb! I would go back though!

There were many hikers during the hike. The first view is beautiful but the summit is very ordinary. It was very steep but still a short hike. Many flies.

Well maintained trail that is mostly wooded and shady. I found it to be too steep to be enjoyable but the views of the lake were great.

Beautiful climb, there are many levels that allows us to catch our breath. Some views during the climb, but at the top the view is less interest. We must go down a few hundred meters on the north path to have a simply spectacular view.

Such a fun, quick hike! Took ~1hr30min to get up and less than 50min to get down. The views of Willoughby lake are stunning! Lots and lots of friendly fellow hikers. I enjoyed soloing up with the pup.

Always a great trail. Heavily trafficked, so you’re never alone. This was my first ever solo hike. Met 40 people along the way.

intermediate hike with magnificent views. 1.8 miles to the top

Place for limited point of view. Otherwise, that's good.

We loved the rather difficult climb but short of 1:45 so great to stay a little at the top. Not to be missed, the view west, which is too beautiful versus south very ordinary. the descent took us about 1 hour very well maintained, we loved it! Then we went to cool off in Willoughby Lake right next to the back trail! turquoise water, transparent, and not hollow, perfect!

Great hike for a family, hikers included a 69 year old and a 6 year old (she’s a tough cookie though). It was more challenging than we expected but worth it just for the view of the lake at the rock ledge.

I recommend this hike! On the other hand I think that it is neglecting Mont Pisgah to affirm that it is a beginner level! It must still be in shape to do it! 3 views up the North trail. The 2nd is beautiful !!! Which makes the view at the top a bit disappointing as the view is hidden by several trees but it's still lovely.

A little steep at times but the rock steps make it more tolerable to do, would say more of an intermediate hike. Views are definitely worth it! Make sure to follow North Lookout signs for an incredible view.