Mount Pisgah Trail

Mount Pisgah Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Westmore, Vermont that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and fishing and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I thought there was an incredible view at the top. I went up when it was snowing and the view of Lake Willoughby and surrounding mountain ranges was breathtaking.

The Trail was steeper than anticipated, but a great hike and it was a beautiful day. Our pocket beagle did great on the trail as well. Very dog friendly! Not a huge view at the top, but still worth it.

great climb to top of mt. great views along the way. Took about 1hr 40 min RT.

Only did part of the trail as I was on a tight schedule. Great views!

Probably my favorite hike in Vermont. I usually will hike the North and South Trail on Mount Pisgah, and will loop back around on the road. The whole hike is filled with amazing views, even when you are trekking roadside.

Excellent trail with a few lookouts on the way up. Enjoy them as the summit is a bit disappointing.

The trails were muddy and slippery, especially on the way down, because of the rain in the previous weeks.

Beware if you're hiking with an unfriendly dog, most hikers keep their dogs off leash which can cause dangerous interactions in the narrow trails.

Decent views for a relatively easy hike, but definitely a lot of "delayed gratification", having to hop from viewpoint to viewpoint through heavily forested paths (no open ledges)

Went yesterday started from the south trail (parking spots) and got back from the north trail I had to walk an hour back to my car on the highway but the view was fantastic!! Great workout going up was tough but going down was a breeze very enjoyable.

A nice challenging hike with amazing views. Can explore the top and get several views that are breathtaking. One of my favorites.

Went here for the first time today. Amazing scenery. Challenging and fun at the same time.

Vue spectaculaire! Nous avons trouvé la montée un peu difficile pour les débutants que nous sommes, mais nous avons tout de même eu la piqûre il semble bien :) Baignade au lac très satisfaisante à la fin de l'après-midi, le paysage y est extraordinaire!

it was a great hike but more challenging than I expected! enjoyed the views at the top :)

Super endroit et la vue... WOW, ça vaut le détour 

Very nice, 3h23 with kids (7 & 9) including lunch. Swim at the lake after is a great rewards

wounderful trail & view ! will be comming back for shur !

superbe randonnée ! vue a coupé le souffle ! je conseil a tous d y aller ! je reviendrai assurément !

We really enjoyed this hike! We began late in the afternoon with the intention of hiking a bit of the South Trail and then turning back before it got too dark, and it ended up being a self-fulfilling prophecy. We actually made it about three-quarters of the way up the mountain when we had to call it a day. Some fellow hikers told us we still had about twenty minutes to go and late afternoon/dusk was approaching. The good new is, there were a few lookout points along the way which offered breathtaking views of Lake Willoughby and the surrounding mountains. We also heard the call of some nesting Peregrine Falcons as we ascended. All in all, it was a wonderful experience. The Mount Pisgah South Trail is an amazing trail, wide and clear, with a solid amount of challenge. We will definitely go back and make a day of it next time.

Worth the views - ledges on south trail and at western lookout. Steep drop offs - watch small children. Rooty in stretches. Great for me and teens.

Great in & out hike. Good work out. Awesome views.

S