Mount Norris

Mount Norris is a 3.8 mile out and back trail located near Eden Mills, Vermont that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November.

A few steep parts but very manageable. I thought the overlook .5 miles from the top was the summit and then stumbled into the rest of the trail when I was going to head back down.

We tried this hike in 2016 and for the life of us couldn't find the trail head. The trail was very easy to find marked with blue markers and arrows. It took us 1.75 hours up and 1.25 hours down. My 3 year old walked about 2.5 miles. This trail anyone can conquer. Just keep going. Great hike with a very pretty view!

There have been changes and improvements to this trail. It is now well marked and easy to follow. My first attempt was spring of 2016 but never found the summit. We reached a point where the trail used to go but is now marked with caution tape. Sparse blue tree markings led in the opposite direction. Following those seemed wrong since they led downhill. During another recent attempt, July 2017, I learned it was the correct trail to the summit. It is 5 miles total (up and back). There is a look-out a 1/2 mile from the summit. The view is nice but don't stop there! Continue to the summit for the most reward. This hike requires lots of rock and root climbing. It's not terribly difficult for the experienced hiker but could be tricky in wet conditions. Took us 4 hours total. We hiked at a moderate pace and spent time taking pictures. I enjoyed it very much.

Tough hike. It's 6 miles up and back. Hard hike at the end but nice view once you get to the summit.

The description of the hike is wrong because the elevation is about 1473. We expected much easier hike based on the description but it was beautifully marked and the view at the top was great!

The trail is now open to the summit . Don't be fooled by the false summit . There has been some nice work done on this trail just this year 2017 it has opened the trail up and easier to follow . The blue insignia and the new wooden arrows that point the needed direction and say Mt. Norris are the way to go . This is approximately 6.1 miles round trip . Moderate until the last 3/4 mile or so and then it is more advanced. Awesome views with signs of moose in the area . Worth the trip .

had a hard time finding a trail (if there is one), and we don't think we found the top. Bushwhacking for sure.

This is not a marked trail. Great for bushwhacking type adventure . Bring GPS and or compass .
It is about 3.5 miles round trip and steep with rocky ledge at the summit. Great exploring , not a thick forest . Such beauty in the forest. Streams and plenty of birds .

Friday, July 01, 2016

I'm not sure we found the right place, but two locals confirmed the location. In one direction it was old logging roads, and in the other mostly hiking along a washes out stream bed. We trekked around, wondering if we were missing the main attraction, but had no luck. I