Mount Moosalamoo Trail

Mount Moosalamoo Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Brandon, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,322 feet Route Type: Out & Back

very nice trail. there are some very thorny bushes we we cutting away as we passed one section of the trail about half way up. we ran the way back down. it was a great trail run with a stream bear the end(begining) to wash your face off.

closed

Nice distance and elevation change for a spring hike. Note that it is very muddy, with large seasonal streams overtaking portions of the route. Also unless the Moosalamoo campground is open, the gate is closed. I ended up walking to the trail head which was an additional .4 miles. The top is nothing to write home about, and but the vistas are nice.

Tue Jul 10 2018

This is NOT a trail for shorts/sandals during the summer. The trail was overgrown with nettles, making it very painful for hiking in my shorts. There are two vistas at the top, but I only managed to find the one on the right, which means I probably didn't go far enough to the left for the other one *shrugs* This is definitely not a hard/difficult trail though. One of the easier ones in Vermont.

Sat Nov 04 2017

I did this hike in early October. I saw bear scat and enjoyed the wildlife and vegetation, but the trail is more moderate than difficult.

Sun Aug 06 2017

Gorgeous trail. Would say it's more moderate than difficult. Trail is narrow and a few spots are still very muddy. Follow signs at the summit for vistas.