Climbing Hellbrook two weeks ago was one of the most amazing hikes I have ever completed. This steep and challenging trail was exactly what I was looking for. Its steep ascent and decent amount of clambering was just the intense workout I needed. I started early in the morning and with the previous day's rain much of the trail was damp and at times slick however I never felt in danger as the trail provides just the right amount of roots and rocks to use as handholds when necessary.

I sweat profusely climbing the ascent in just about two hours and wouldn't have it any other way. I took brief pauses along the way but otherwise kept my body moving at a moderate clip throughout.

Due to intense fog and humidity I can't mention the views overly much but i can say it was satisfying to compare my elevation with the ridge across the mountain pass behind me. It was certainly an encouraging aspect to the climb.

At one point in the trail there are a couple of iron rungs mounted in the rock face for additional hand and foot holds. Never having seen this before on a hike, I found it quite intriguing and a nice little benefit right when I needed it. This also stoked my ego a little l knowing I was climbing a trail that necessitated such an addition.

All in all I couldn't be happier with the hike however it is definitely an intense workout and meant for people who have some experience and are able to conquer any nerves they might have about heights.