Mount Mansfield Loop Trail

Mount Mansfield Loop Trail is a 8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stowe, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

scenic driving

Well kept and indicated! Did do the loop trail, but walked from p2 to taylor lodge for day1, long trail to butler lodge for day2 and back to p2 for day3! Nice little hicking, still had a lot of snow up to butler lodge! The lodge are clean and well done.

Stayed at a lean-to in Underhill State Park and hiked up the next day. It was a challenging hike, but the distance made it doable.

Hiked from Underhill State Park. 8.5 mile strenuous hike. Great views during the hike and at the summit(s). It was near peak foliage and ver beautiful.

a bit more challenging than I thought it'd be, but totally worth it.

We spent a week Hiking The Green Mountains of VT. This was probably my favorite part.The Cliff Trail is awesome, would be sketchy in rain or snow, lots of scrambles and squeezes. The view from Summit is great.You can hike the long trail up or take Gondola to Cliff trail or even take toll road and hike along summit. Spectacular.Would like to go back and explore West side of the Ridge.Dont recommend a heavy pack on Cliff Trail.

moderate. great views

Monday, October 12, 2015

Breath taking view! Or maybe that was the hike up lol. I had a wonderful day doing this trail it was unforgettable to say the least.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Great Views! My only suggestion would be to avoid the cliff trail if you are afraid of heights. There a few places where you are climbing up over large rocks that leave you feeling a bit uneasy. Also make sure you pack a lot of water. I know that should go without saying but I passed a few groups that were out of water and I ended up giving away one of my large water bottles.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Rough

Friday, October 10, 2014

The gondola at the Stowe Mountain Resort is another pleasant trip to nearly the top of Mt. Mansfield. It's $25 for a round trip but it doesn't take you all the way to the top. If you turn left (facing UP the mountain) out of the gondola building you'll find the Cliff Trail. If you turn right you'll encounter the Long Trail and the "Profanity" Trail - which was the route I took up. I met a couple guys at the hut and from there did the "Profanity Trail - without succumbing to cursing out loud. It was a little harder than I remember from undergrad days. Got to the summit just fine and took the Cliff Trail down. Some rock face scrambling and one particularly tricky spot that required a short unsupported jump but I made it down just fine to the gondola ride down. Nice.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Thursday, August 01, 2013

I would recommend the Sunset Ridge Trail. Park rangers and other people I met on the trail recommended it for being a little more scenic. The sunset ridge trail has the lowest elevation climb over the course of the trail at 3.2 miles per 2,600 feet of elevation gain. Drive to Underhill State Park. It costs 3 dollars per adult for parking. Chat with the park rangers who take good care of the area. There are bathrooms at the start. The trail wasn't all that difficult until you go above the tree line and then its just walking on rock face. Stay on the rocks and follow the trail. There is a lot of artic vegetation that could easily be trampled out of existence. Once you get above the tree line, enjoy the view and now the real hike begins. It's a deceivingly long hike up to the chin. The view is 360° of amazing views. If you are lucky like I was, you will get a chance to stand in an actual cloud as it rolls in. The hike down the sunset ridge trail was rough because of all the steep rock face you have to climb down. Below the tree line it is easy to pick up the pace. It took us 3 hours up which I thought was a really slow pace and 1.5 hours down.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012