Mount Equinox Trail

Mount Equinox Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Arlington, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I knew this was going to be a rough hike when I saw the 3,000 foot plus elevation gain on the app. Another hiker on the trail said to me it had the feel of one of the high peaks of the Adirondacks. It's a real but kicker and a good challenge - it's uphill all the way (well I guess it does level off slightly toward the top). Unfortunately for me it was raining, windy and there was no view when I got to the summit as it was all fog. There were quite a few people at the top - most from the toll road having lunch in the building. The building is nice as it offered a spot to refill the water jugs. I'll have to take the toll road next time as it's not a hike I really want to do again right away.

Great Hike! Really loved the challenge! Pity it was raining all the way up but the shelter at the summit it's a great spot for lunch and warming up! Recommended for all that like a challenge and are relatively fit! Not many spots where to stop on the way!

This was a very hard trail, you are hiking at a steep incline for the entirety of the trail. There are not many good places to stop to rest along the way. The view is incredible, but since you are able to drive to the top of the mountain, this takes away from the rewarding feeling of reaching summit.

It was tough than I thought... but good workout!!

SO hard! Longest 3.3 mile up ever. But worth the climb.

Steep and hard. Just the way I like it.

Awesome hike but it is tough. I brought my three kids and they hated me for a little while afterwards. See my full write up. http://www.eastcoasthiker.com/trails/equinoxmountain

Challenging but great hike. Going up is rough but it is worth it at the top.

Awesome hike or snowshoe (have now done both). Hard and steep but such a reward at the top with 360 degree views. Took about 3 hours all in including a 30m stop at the top and wandering out to lookout rock. 1:20m to the top at a solid clip. Highly recommend for those in shape and ready for a short but great challenge.