Mount Equinox Trail

Mount Equinox Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Arlington, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A major butt-kicker. Super steep and rocky toward the top, which was great. It became a magical fairy land up there too. Very beautiful. The summit views are fantastic of course, but some of the serenity is spoiled by the presence of a parking lot. My wife and I ran up in an hour and 17 mins, and down in 59 mins. Be prepared to get whooped :)

definitely rated accurately. nothing but incline the whole way up. bring lots of water and snacks but if you like a challenge it is a lot of fun and rewarding when you make it to the top. my dog was actually tired the next day which was a bonus.

I knew this was going to be a rough hike when I saw the 3,000 foot plus elevation gain on the app. Another hiker on the trail said to me it had the feel of one of the high peaks of the Adirondacks. It's a real but kicker and a good challenge - it's uphill all the way (well I guess it does level off slightly toward the top). Unfortunately for me it was raining, windy and there was no view when I got to the summit as it was all fog. There were quite a few people at the top - most from the toll road having lunch in the building. The building is nice as it offered a spot to refill the water jugs. I'll have to take the toll road next time as it's not a hike I really want to do again right away.

Great Hike! Really loved the challenge! Pity it was raining all the way up but the shelter at the summit it's a great spot for lunch and warming up! Recommended for all that like a challenge and are relatively fit! Not many spots where to stop on the way!

This was a very hard trail, you are hiking at a steep incline for the entirety of the trail. There are not many good places to stop to rest along the way. The view is incredible, but since you are able to drive to the top of the mountain, this takes away from the rewarding feeling of reaching summit.

It was tough than I thought... but good workout!!

SO hard! Longest 3.3 mile up ever. But worth the climb.

Steep and hard. Just the way I like it.

Awesome hike but it is tough. I brought my three kids and they hated me for a little while afterwards. See my full write up. http://www.eastcoasthiker.com/trails/equinoxmountain

Challenging but great hike. Going up is rough but it is worth it at the top.

Awesome hike or snowshoe (have now done both). Hard and steep but such a reward at the top with 360 degree views. Took about 3 hours all in including a 30m stop at the top and wandering out to lookout rock. 1:20m to the top at a solid clip. Highly recommend for those in shape and ready for a short but great challenge.

So crowded, but it's a good challenge. I was up to the summit in 1:20, down in 0:40, so a 2hr hike. Park at the school and walk up the stairs and behind the football field. The trail is marked and clearly visible. The W. Union St. parking lot is small and jammed.

Blue Summit Trail is a Fantastic, challenging Hike to the Summit of Mt. Equinox. It is the largest peak of the Taconic Range where you will be Hiking over 3800 ft in elevation. At the 2 mile mark there is a bench and about 200 feet away is a stream shooting out of the mountain to help cool you off. Regroup here as the rest of the Hike is a steep incline with minimal flat ground. The journey to the top is a reward in itself but reaching the Summit and the views are breathtaking.

Fantastic Hike. Very challenging and as other hikers mentioned in previous comments, there are hardly any flat spots.. steep incline pretty much all the way.
But nonetheless, well worth the climb. Trail is well marked and beautiful. Roughly half way into the hike there is a bench. good place to cool off before starting the steepest section.( Don't miss the Spring which is just 250 ft from the bench)

Hiking poles are recommended on this hike. Summit views are breathtaking and they have a cool visitor center.

Hard but rewarding hike. Would definitely visit again.

Toughest summit around. Solid pitch with no breaks. Some cool side trails and viewing areas near the top. Final stretch through stream beds and pines is awesome.

Very difficult but very rewarding. I did this hike in March in 6 degree temperatures. It was below 0 degrees at the top of the mountain (even colder with the wind chill), but the view of southern Vermont and New Hampshire was worth it.
This hike is very steep and took a lot out of my friend and me. The woods are thick toward the top. Town is very cute too (Manchester). I would recommend this hike to people in moderate to great shape. If you want to do it in the winter (like I did), bring spikes for your boots. The hike is icy and I slipped quite a few times.

Really fun trail, but really hard! We stopped at the spring to cool off a bit. This trail is pretty steep and doesn't really flatten out. The welcome center at the top was a nice place for us to eat lunch!

What an amazing but difficult climb today! The weather was perfect and the trials in great shape! If you're looking for a challenging climb with great rewards at the top, this is the one for you!

This is a great hike. Great terrain and Views!! Was on vacation camping nearby and got the chance to do the trails before it rained. Forgot to record it.

Elevation gain of over a half mile in 3.1 miles works out to about a 16% grade. Very tough for this 78-year old, but lovely all the way. Maple leaves just unfolding, wild flowers abound, and the wet mossy evergreen forest at the top is like a small scale Olympic peninsula. Too bad the Carthusian visitor center was not yet open for the season.