Mount Equinox Trail

Mount Equinox Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Arlington, Vermont that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Toughest summit around. Solid pitch with no breaks. Some cool side trails and viewing areas near the top. Final stretch through stream beds and pines is awesome.

Very difficult but very rewarding. I did this hike in March in 6 degree temperatures. It was below 0 degrees at the top of the mountain (even colder with the wind chill), but the view of southern Vermont and New Hampshire was worth it.
This hike is very steep and took a lot out of my friend and me. The woods are thick toward the top. Town is very cute too (Manchester). I would recommend this hike to people in moderate to great shape. If you want to do it in the winter (like I did), bring spikes for your boots. The hike is icy and I slipped quite a few times.

Really fun trail, but really hard! We stopped at the spring to cool off a bit. This trail is pretty steep and doesn't really flatten out. The welcome center at the top was a nice place for us to eat lunch!

What an amazing but difficult climb today! The weather was perfect and the trials in great shape! If you're looking for a challenging climb with great rewards at the top, this is the one for you!

This is a great hike. Great terrain and Views!! Was on vacation camping nearby and got the chance to do the trails before it rained. Forgot to record it.

Elevation gain of over a half mile in 3.1 miles works out to about a 16% grade. Very tough for this 78-year old, but lovely all the way. Maple leaves just unfolding, wild flowers abound, and the wet mossy evergreen forest at the top is like a small scale Olympic peninsula. Too bad the Carthusian visitor center was not yet open for the season.

Awesome hike but it is tough. I brought my three kids and they hated me for a little while afterwards. See my full write up. http://www.eastcoasthiker.com/trails/equinoxmountain

Great spot, but gets a little crowded on nicer days, I prefer the Beartown Gap or Three Maple drive over Manchester CTR...its an easy shot along the Northern Ridge.

all uphill! no breaks but worth the views!

1. Great hike! Brings poles! Very steep with minimal switchbacks.
2. Bring your dogs if they can behave off leash. You dont want to have them attached with the steepness of the trail.
3. Bring lots of water and snacks.

Great views, fairly challenging hike from Burr and Burton school trailhead.

My girlfriend an I did this today as our first hike in Vermont. It was a great trail with a hard difficulty. The trail has easily seen trailheads that are simple and easy to follow. You can take a quick trip to the springs about 2/3s of the way up to the summit. I would not recommend this without being ready to go up. Most of the trail is an upward hike. There aren't too many flat areas so take advantage when you get them. The top of the summit has some incredible 360 degree views. Well worth the hike in my opinion.