Mount Elmore

Mount Elmore is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wolcott, Vermont that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Directions from Morrisville, VT: Travel 5 miles south on SR 12 to reach Elmore State Park.

Great trail, went up the Fire Tower trail and down the Ridge trail. Both trails were beautiful. Would recommend Fire Tower trail to go up, Ridge was easier to go down than the Tower. Balancing Rock was also very impressive. Enjoy!

Beautiful view. But you need to pay attention to the fire tower trail start-point sign or you will miss the head of the trail and then end up with nowhere (so called ski trail for winter use only...not a part of the park...

This was a fun hike. We are from out of town and this trail was recommended by a local resident. My wife and daughter are beginners, and are afraid of heights also.

We hiked the loop counter clockwise, and it took us about 4 hours. The journey up was great, the trail itself was in good shape, and the scenery was beautiful. There were a few places where the girls were afraid of falling but we were able to show them how to get up the trail.

Once we arrived to balance rock, my wife froze because of the fear of heights. We were able to talk and guide her across the rock ridge (but it took an hour before the feeling returned to my hand).

We didn't get a chance to go to the fire tower because it started thundering in the distance and we thought we should hurry down the trail.

The descent was fairly technical (for beginners afraid of heights), and there was a lot of "butt scooting", but everyone made it down safe and sound.

My son and I could have probably made it in about 2.5 hours, but is was nice to do with the entire family.

Amazing views! On the hard side of moderate but totally worth it.

I hiked up the ridge trail and came down the fire tower trail. I instantly fell in love with the mountain. It is incredibly beautiful.

I've been hiking this mountain since before I could walk and it never ceases to amaze. It is a great beginner or intermediate hike for all ages. Always beautiful no matter the season, and the fire tower trail is a great short extension to your hike.

Beautiful views

Really awesome hike. Went up the Fire Tower Trail and came back down the Ridge Trail. Was really muddy, but that was to be expected because of all the rain. The view from the fire tower is spectacular. Did 4.3 miles in about 3 hours.

Waterfalls everywhere!