Mount Elmore

Mount Elmore is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wolcott, Vermont that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Directions from Morrisville, VT: Travel 5 miles south on SR 12 to reach Elmore State Park.

I've been hiking this mountain since before I could walk and it never ceases to amaze. It is a great beginner or intermediate hike for all ages. Always beautiful no matter the season, and the fire tower trail is a great short extension to your hike.

Beautiful views

Really awesome hike. Went up the Fire Tower Trail and came back down the Ridge Trail. Was really muddy, but that was to be expected because of all the rain. The view from the fire tower is spectacular. Did 4.3 miles in about 3 hours.

Waterfalls everywhere!

Hiked the Longer Ridge Trail up and the Fire tower trail down. Not too buggy, took about 11/2 hrs to hike up and an hour down. Beautiful view at the top from the Fire tower. Can easily be hiked with dogs.

The trail was absolutely beautiful

We throughly enjoyed this hike with our dog, Dodger. We parked in the State Park, not the trail head on the app (it was a private residence). The trail was well blazed. The VT State Park service has done an excellent job maintaining this trail. Our 23 lb dog needed a lift or two up and down the ladders on this loop trail. Fortunately he's not too heavy. This is early spring and there weren't too many insect. I'm sure there are many more insects later in the season because of all the moisture along this trail. Dress appropriately and bring insect repellent.

I love Elmore. I've hiked this mountain as a kid and now as an adult. It was really buggy this year for some reason but still an amazing and beautiful hike!

I have hiked this trail several times as a child and now I enjoy taking my sons to Elmore Mountain. Afterward the hike we go to the lake to cool off.

Perfect day for a hike, great view of the lake from the top of the tower. I'd definitely recommend going up the fire tower trail for a moderate climb then down ridge trail for a leisurely descent if you're planning on doing the loop.