Moss Glen Falls Trail

Moss Glen Falls Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Stowe, Vermont that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike in the winter. A bit of scrambling to get up to the falls. After you pass the falls it's really just a flat forest road. In the winter seems like a snowmobile trail as well.

Short trail, little squishy in some areas but boards laid down on the trail helps. Have to climb at the end of the trail to get the best view of the falls.

5-star for the waterfall! In Summer you can walk through the steam to the falls.
3-star for this trail. We just walked the “trail” up past the falls (12/1017) in light snow. Gorgeous views of the falls, but the trail is a simple walk in the woods. No vista at the end, and no designated end point. The trail goes on.... so my advice is to explore around the falls primarily.

short walk to falls. limited view from the top and so worth the equally short walk to the bottom to get a better view

Short hike to see beautiful falls.

Definitely worth it. After climbing and appreciating the waterfall from above, you must go down, surrounding the river, and see it from below. A short hike for all the family.

Short, surprising treat at the top. Worth the stop!

Didn't make it far because there is a fairly steep hill near the start the wife didnt want to go up so I can't comment on the whole trail. The waterfall was beautiful and there are a bunch of places to climb around.

my family hiked and fished great time

Great waterfall within a few minutes of entering the trail head. Good and easy walk even a wet day.

Nice easy hike. Did this on a rainy day which enhanced the falls and stream.

Wow. These falls are amazing!!

Didn't get very far. About a quarter mile past the falls I ran into two cubs and a mama bear!

Nice Trail .... well traveled. Follow the Stream to the base of the falls. Beautiful high falls in several layers. At that point you hike around the left side of the falls with a cliff to your right. If someone in your party has fear of heights this could be an issue.

We went with out 2 year old daughter to the bottom of the falls. Easy 1/2 mile round trip walk with a big reward.

very easy short trail to a most impressive waterfall.

A locals spot. Take river shoes, the climb short to the pool at the base of the falls is extremely slippery.

Nice easy little trail leading up to a beautiful waterfall

easy hike but to make it more challenging we walked along the bank and through the river. it was raining wicked hard through the hike. it the views and scenery made it worth it. my girlfriend my dog and I had a nice time and Will definitely do it again next time we are up and the weather is nicer.

Easy hike. Went after it rained for two days so it was a tad slippy going up to the falls. Its a beautiful fall. Free flowing especially after all that rainfall.

Nice, easy walk. There's not much after the waterfall though.

Nice day for a hike falls Were beautiful today

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The trail was packed down so no snowshoes needed but mixrospikes made the climb near the falls possible. The river and falls were beautiful with the snow and ice. We kept on hiking up the VAST trail which was quiet and a great walk.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

We were on a schedule but had some time to check out Moss Glen and stroll some of the trail. There was 4 inches of snow and it made for a beautiful picturesque walk. Parts of the stream were frozen which looked really cool and the falls in winter were incredible...truly no words can fit the bill! There is a little bit of an incline to get to the the falls and after that the trail levels out and is pretty darn flat. We walked some of it but turned around part way as we had to be somewhere. I can't wait to come back again and spend more time here!! This is an easy hike for sure and a photographers dream!

Thursday, December 01, 2016

I absolutely love it here! I've gone multiple times as my family lives very close by! Definitely an awesome sight to see!!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Great little trail with lovely waterfall. Fairly good sized rocks to climb to get to the top of the falls.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

I questioned this trail to start because the beginning of trail is very unkept.  But the waterfalls were spectacular, even in a dry season.  Overall it's a short 30 minute trail that is very easy, except for end which is a little steep.  It's rare to get such a payoff for so little work.  This is a great trail to do on cloudy or overcast day.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Easy for families and with very pretty views. Pretty quick loop. Some steep areas with places where you would need to watch children but overall accessible! The trail does keep going if you would like to extend the walk, but not necessary. Great short sunset walk :)

Saturday, September 17, 2016

we took our 4 yr old on this trail and she loved it. we only went as far as the waterfall but it seemed like the trail kept going. right before the waterfall the trail gets steep, but with an adult helping her, my 4 year old did it. Highly recommended.