Milton Town Pond Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(118)
Westford, Vermont

Milton Town Pond Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Westford, Vermont that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips.

Distance: 3.5 miles Elevation Gain: 390 feet Route Type: Loop

The first part of the trail is maintained and is WHEELCHAIR accessible up to the first bridge.

This hike was great, and it had plenty of great views! The pond was exceptionally blue and clear! Great area for dogs too! 10/10 would recommend :)

Very muddy today. Well marked. Take a picture of map before you. Great hike with slight elevation and around the pond.

Great signage! Additional parking at the farm down the road from the main town forest parking lot.

Awesome trail. Well marked. Got to see a beaver swimming out of his dam. Truly beautiful views and we hiked with a 10, 7, and 6 year old. They LOVED it...

icy

Everytime I go there its muddy.

Just did this trail for the first time today. Stayed on Ridgeline. Two views, otherwise woods but very well marked.

Fun hike! Some parts over grown, but overall great! Our pups loved the hike and had a swim session!

Have done this trail a few times, very confusing. We got turned around a few times. Pretty easy considering.

Great trail system to combine a couple for added miles, but many areas are overgrown. The views are nice and the terrain is beautiful. I would love to do this trail in winter months though.

This was a nice trail that was well marked. There are some uphill areas but very short and just enough to get the heart going. My dog loved going in the pond by the smooth rock opening. Nice spot for a break too.

There’s also a longer ridge line trail loop and some others. I will definitely go back and explore this park further. There’s at least one more entrance as well. The one shown here is bigger and better maintained. The first part of the trail from this lot is thoroughly maintained as to be pretty wheelchair accessible but just up to the first bridge. The flies were abundant (deer flies?) but I just thought of them as personal trainers telling me to keep moving so they wouldn’t bother me. There were mosquitoes as well but they weren’t as bad. The bugs were worse in the Woods than on the rocks that went out into the pond, so we were able to stop and take in the pond in places. Great view of a beaver den and I assume sometimes beavers. It felt pretty secluded for how close to Milton it is.

Nice, quiet trail perfect for someone looking for an easy/moderate hike with a dog. A lot of mud and bugs on this trail being so close to Milton marsh. Lightly trafficked with opportunities to see deer, waterfowl, and beavers! Trailhead easy to locate with ample parking. Well-marked trail.

Mon May 27 2019

Thu May 23 2019

Sun Sep 23 2018

I found the trail to be well marked and easy with moderately difficult sections. Nice views and quiet.

Sun Sep 02 2018

Some hills, some flat, a few places to get to the water from rocks, confusing trails.

Sun Jul 29 2018

I loved this trail. Brought my Jack Russell and my 11 year old cousin. Finished the pond circuit from town forest parking area in 2.5 hours. The pond was gorgeous, the trail was well marked, and there were few bugs. We even saw a deer drinking from the pond! I recommend bringing a swimsuit on nice days. The pond is very clean and has several flat rocks for sunbathing and entering the water.

Fri Jul 27 2018

This was a perfect "before work" walk/hike. There were many birds, flowers and raspberry bushes. I was didn't like all of the blue sap tubes. They detracted from the hike.