Learn more

Maiden, Eagle's, Missing Link and Homestead Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(65)
Hinesburg Town Forest

Maiden, Eagle's, Missing Link and Homestead Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hinesburg, Vermont that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, mountain biking, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.4 miles Elevation Gain: 734 feet Route Type: Loop

Wonderful trails, well marked, lots of options. Wild flowers.

Loved the woods here and the trail is well kept. Nice brook nearby. It’s definitely geared towards mountain biking but still a lovely walking trail.

just following a new snowmobile route connecting Eagles Cut and, Back Door I think it's called.

The overall setting of this trail is quite beautiful if you enjoy forest settings. Other than that I found it difficult to maintain a sense of direction. The trails were marked in a way that was quite confusing. There were multiple intersections that lacked a clear sense of which way to turn. I started the hike at 1:30 in the afternoon and after several wrong turns I barely made it out before dark. I would recommend this hike to most people, but bring a compass and good orienteering skills

Well-marked, well-maintained trails. Three stars only because it really was hiking on mountain bike trails. Terrain understandably moderate, not for elevation (even with low elevation, it was very slow and easy), but you definitely have to watch your footing with lots of rocks and roots. Trails were good, but much easier than anticipated for a "moderate" marking. Great for running, and ability to do lots of adjoining loops.

Beautiful trail. Bring your trail runners. Lots of shade and bridges. Some bikers. Trail marking is some of the best I’ve seen!

Don’t recommend this trail. We started on the trail head from Gilman road- hart trail. We wanted to stay only on hart trail but some how ended up connecting to 3 different trails along the way- BUT also with the trail always saying Hart trail- it made no sense at all. We ended up coming out of a trail head on Lewis creek road- far from our car. Since we had our kids with us we decided to take the road back to our car and not get lost in the trails. The trail markers are not very clear, the trail itself is not kept up on Hart, it was very muddy and because there seemed to be so much stagnant water- it was insanely buggy! Due to the bugs it was not over all enjoyable. I couldn’t wait to get off the trail, although I didn’t think I was going to have to walk a mile or 2 back to our car. I hope Hinesburg sends someone out to tend to the trails - they need it!

4+ miles of mixed media trails, optimized for mountain biking but doable with careful attention to foot placement. A bit soggy/muddy in parts but its nice and long, worth the 30 minute drive from Burlington.

Such an awesome running trail-a good variety of climbing and flatter single and double track. So much fun to run and really well maintained

Tue May 28 2019

Found it very hard terrain to walk on. Very rocky and a lot of tree roots on the trail

Mon May 06 2019

Couldn't get there. Texas Hill Rd. Was soooooo muddy, didn't find it. We gave up. The road qas too rough.

Tue Apr 23 2019

If you start the loop on the maiden trail the International trail is now called Russell Ramble. Take note - Very confusing.

Sat Mar 02 2019

one of the best trail complexes I've ever seen. lots of options, very well marked.

Sat Oct 20 2018

What a great set of trails, I hiked, but am betting these are a blast on a bike! The all intersect and loop together so you can make it as short or as long as you want.

Sat Aug 25 2018

Amazing scenery, and challenging technical terrain. Not an easy ride with a Hard tail bike but rewarding decent!

Fri Aug 17 2018

Great network of easy hiking trails, perfect for exercising a dog. Enough space to spend hours walking. Beautiful natural setting.

Sun May 06 2018

Great hike. Lots of spring flowers. Very, very wet from recent rains.

Sun May 06 2018

Lots of trails to explore, a nice easy walk through the woods.

Mon Oct 23 2017

Great hike!! took about 2.5 hours to compete and worth every second!!

Sun Sep 24 2017

Well managed and great trail markers.