Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Killington (Extended) Loop

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(6)
Rutland, Vermont

Killington (Extended) Loop is a 9.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rutland, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 9.4 miles Elevation Gain: 2,618 feet Route Type: Loop

This is a more rigourous and lengthened approach to Killington. It takes you deep into the woods and up to the Long Trail in order to ascend to the Killington Peak. The trail is heavily overgrown in most areas but offers a fresh alternative to the straight ascent hikers normally take. Take your time and enjoy the incredible silence and alternative route to the top of the Beast of the East. Enjoy!

Tue Aug 21 2018

I did this Sunday .. well I'm pretty sure I did lol I may have strayed off a bit ..I didn't find anymore of your hints after the first one haha. .. I enjoyed it ..it was a little challenging and I did use my compass to pay attention of the direction I was heading. . I have Verizon and no cell service up there so it was a nice old school hike .

Sat May 26 2018

I’m an avid hiker and this is not a trail. It is completely overgrown and unless you are experienced with a map, compass and GPS this is not the hike for you. I absolutely loved bushwhacking really bushwhacking and loved the deep woods but it was extremely buggy as well. If you take this route be prepared.

recorded Killington (Extended) Loop