Keewaydin Trail to Overlook Spur via Long Trail (Appalachian Trail)

Keewaydin Trail to Overlook Spur via Long Trail (Appalachian Trail) is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wallingford, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Wallingford, VT: Travel SR 140 east to the White Rocks Picnic Area. Trail may be accessed there.

It was intense! A nice challenge indeed

Nice trail that leads to a view of the Green Mtns.

Nice trail for an afternoon hike. I don't agree with the hard rating. I'd call it moderate with a decent ascent.

Enjoyed this hike a lot, not too many people on the trail and had some good views at the top!
I'll be back to hike it again

My first hike in Vermont. The view from the top was worth the hard climb. You have to hike out another .2 miles from the cairns to find the spectacular view, and its a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery when you find it. on the way back down we took a quick detour trail down to the waterfall. There is a sign marking the trail about .4 miles up grom the parking lot. Beautiful hike. I highly recommend it if you're in shape for the climb.

Wonder hike with My local hiking meet up group. The view at the top is breath taking. The trail is very steep. There is a nice shelter .3 off this trail for through hikers. I would do this again. There a stop on the way to the vista where people made rock towers. It's very spiritual !! I loved every minute of it. I put Facebook and Netflix down a took a hike, result was peace and serenity. What a concept.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

GORGEOUS. My friend and I spent almost an hour at the top just because we couldn't get enough of the view. And the summit is fun because even if there are lots of people (like there were that day), it's bare and easy to find places to soak it in with peace and quiet, and each spot has a somewhat different view. The climb was a lot tougher than I was anticipating, bc I had hiked in White Rocks as a kid and didn't realize that there are multiple trails, and that when I was 16 I did the Ice Bed trail... oops. Anyway. Rewarding, beautiful, rugged. Classic AT on the way up - rocky and scrambly. Be in good shape and have some time on your hands, with PLENTY of water. Be sure to add a cairn to the absolutely bizarre cairn collection about .3 mi from the cliffs.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

I work out a lot so was in good shape, if you are not, don't do it. We past experiences hikers throwing up as it was too much for them. It's pretty much non stop an hour climb. If you want to, try to be on the stair master at your gym - same thing:) views not spectacular. I got frustrated after a while. There's a little waterfall you see on your left at the beginning but you can't get close. The rock playgrounds are nice, the view nice. Leads to Appalachian trail. Wouldn't do it again.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Sunday, June 26, 2016

It was a decent hike, the trails was mostly up hill witch was difficult for someone like me who is not very in shape. The views at the outlook were okay, but not the greatest. It was a great leg workout and I would totally do it again.

Saturday, May 28, 2016