Grout Pond Trail

Grout Pond Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near West Wardsboro, Vermont that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

paddle sports

Did trail after heavy rain which made East and North pretty wet. However views of pond great.Also a great "Boardwalk" that takes you thru a bog with views of a beaver house. Swim at beach after hike makes it very special.

We were dropped off grout pond road and hiked our way back to Mont Snow. It was almost 12 miles and grout pond was the first part of the hike. Amazing day!!! Lots of unbelievable views! We saw tons of moose tracks and moose poop but no moose. I am sure there are many sightings on this trail. The catamount trail is what we took all the way down to the dam and then we hiked a snowmobile trail back to mont snow. My biggest knock on the AllTrails app is it kills your phone battery.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

This is actually a loop around the pond and it's not 5.1 miles it's only about two and three-quarters of a mile. It can be muddy at times but still always beautiful. a great place for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing, but the road down to the pond is closed during the winter. I highly recommend this, one of my favorite places!

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

This is a great trail for an afternoon by yourself. It has beautiful scenery and not too many people on it. Next time though I will remember to go there with snowshoes when there is more snow on the ground or break out my ice cleats. Parts of the trail are covered in a sheet of ice.

Sunday, July 09, 2017