Elmore Mountain Trail

Elmore Mountain Trail is a 4.4 mile loop trail located near Morrisville, Vermont and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October.

Directions from Morrisville, VT: Travel 5 miles south on SR 12 to reach Elmore State Park.

Waterfalls everywhere!

Hiked the Longer Ridge Trail up and the Fire tower trail down. Not too buggy, took about 11/2 hrs to hike up and an hour down. Beautiful view at the top from the Fire tower. Can easily be hiked with dogs.

We throughly enjoyed this hike with our dog, Dodger. We parked in the State Park, not the trail head on the app (it was a private residence). The trail was well blazed. The VT State Park service has done an excellent job maintaining this trail. Our 23 lb dog needed a lift or two up and down the ladders on this loop trail. Fortunately he's not too heavy. This is early spring and there weren't too many insect. I'm sure there are many more insects later in the season because of all the moisture along this trail. Dress appropriately and bring insect repellent.

I have hiked this trail several times as a child and now I enjoy taking my sons to Elmore Mountain. Afterward the hike we go to the lake to cool off.

Beautiful views from the top. If you're afraid of heights and climbing, I do not suggest this as you have to climb up a fire tower. A few teasers along to way. At one point you're climbing boulders on the 1.2 trail. The 2.2 trail is a longer trail but a much better path, less views on the way up. We hiked up the 1.2 came down the 2.2. Mostly shade, lots of ticks. It's a few bucks to get in and parking is kind of a pain.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Nice afternoon hike to take in some views on the longest day of the year. Working on getting my hiking legs back under me and this hike fit the bill. Firetower trail on the way up was well trodden and wide, with only the last 0.2 mile being strenuous. Took the Ridge trail back (sign says 2.2 miles to "parking" - it's more like 2.5 back to the road, then the extra 0.3 to parking). Ridge trail was gentle with a few smaller steep sections. All in all a great hike!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

nice hike path to the left could be tricky if damp.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Saturday, May 14, 2016

the trail itself is really nice but this time of year the black flies are horrible! we didn't make it to the fire tower due to bugs! next time I'm bringing big spray. lovely general store on l as me elmore has kick ads pizza!

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Friday, June 20, 2014

Nice hike, takes just a few hours. Beautiful views from the fire tower at the top. In the past few years this has been made into a loop trail, not sure how many people know.