Devil's Gulch Trail

Devil's Gulch Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Eden, Vermont that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October.

To complete the loop, take the LT to the Babcock Trail intersection. From here, Devil's Gulch is an optional out and back (approximately 1 mile). Once back at the intersection, take the Babcock Trail back to the main road and return to the parking lot (approximately a quarter mile from the trail).

Would not recommend this trail because my friend and I were chased out of there by a black bear that came out of a tree.

great hike beautuful views.

Nice quiet hike-a couple scenic views and the gulch is one of Vermonts hidden treasures that shouldn't be missed

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Very easy hike. More of a hilly, narrow trail walk with a couple of steep parts. Lots of wildlife along the way though. Very peaceful and green. GPS had me at 4.11 miles in a little under 2 hours.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Pretty easy only one steep part going down but otherwise nice trail

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

great daytrip trail...ponds are lovely...few people the day we went

Friday, August 19, 2016

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Snowshoed here with a friend in 2013 - don't remember if he had been here before or had a map/guidebook, but we had some trouble finding the gulch. Once we did, however, AMAZING ice was there to greet us. Sheets and layers had formed on top of one another, dyed blue and yellow and green from the minerals in the rocks they covered, and what massive icicles! It took a lot of caution however, because with all the snow and ice under foot, there were several chasms you couldn't see. Poles for poking were a must. A year later I went back with my SO, using the Green Mountain Club's winter hikes guide as a reference. Unfortunately the map did not match the written directions, and neither appeared to be accurate. We were not able to find the gulch. I'll be going back this coming winter and trying again. Admittedly we gave up pretty quickly last year as neither of us were feeling that great.