Colchester Pond

Colchester Pond is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Colchester, Vermont that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

21 minutes ago

I bring my dog here quite regularly to walk/run the loop trail circumnavigating the pond. It's a beautiful loop and if you hit it during the right time of the day you might even have the pleasure of having it to yourself. It is mostly flat with some short hill sections that are actually rather steep. Would definitely recommend for dog owners, fisherman or anyone looking for a nice quiet run or walk.

canoeing

Beautiful pond. Went on a warm, calm day; water like glass. Nice scenery, a few other kayakers out there, paddle board too. Kids playing on a rope swing. Saw various birds, including gulls and a fisher diving from the trees. Turtles, and a beautiful mink on the shoreline. Had to carry boat about 40 yards down to the water.

Beautiful scenery and a fairly easy hike. I did it with my two year old attached to me, but due to all this rain the last mile of trails were really muddy and then swampy through the fields at the end. Save this hike for a day when it hasn't been raining for a few days.

I hiked this trail two days after rain carrying my toddler in the backpack. It was suggested as an easy hike. Several of the inclines were very steep. The trails have been maintained in several areas but with any inclement weather I imagine they are very swampy. My dog and I left very muddy.

Relaxing easy hike.

A great walk, not to challenging.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Easy hike/walk. Some elevation gain but mostly flat. Wooded trails that are well maintained. Parking is limited.