Colchester Pond

Colchester Pond is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Colchester, Vermont that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail is well-groomed with many platforms to navigate wet areas. Most of the trail winds through wooded areas and the canopy provides a cool, shaded walk. We were hoping for more views of the pond, but still a scenic walk in the Vermont woods.

So many wildflowers in the fields surrounding the pond! Many areas with planks that go over wet spots, a well-maintained trail. When we're back in the area we'll definitely do it again!

Fun trip around the lake!

Great loop. Didn’t see anyone else on the entire trek. Moderate with a 3.5 year old on your back. Very pretty and well maintained!

I went running on this trail and enjoyed SO much! I had trouble on some of the muddy spots when I was running and slipped!

This is a really pleasant 3 mile loop around a pond. It is definitely kid-friendly with minimal incline, planks to avoid mud and muck, and lots to check out in terms of wildlife and scenery. Went two days in a row this week and noticed different animals and parts of the landscape on both. Seems like an easy place for canoeing, kayaking, and paddle boarding as well!

The trail is well maintained and marked and follows the lake pretty much all the time. Board walks over wet areas facilitate the walk. We saw a beaver and wild Mosquitoes ! Nice easy walk with our dogs.

Nice short hike around the pond. Good for dogs. Had forests, fields, lake views, swampy areas, and a couple steep areas. Lots of mosquitoes. Was a little upset to see a woman with three unleashed dogs on the trail, since I was there with my puppy. Leash your dogs for everyone's safety.

this is one of my favorite go-to hikes! there's signs on the trees that map out the entire Trail so it's easy to navigate, there is also only about two and a half big Hills but other than that the hike is a breeze and like I said before it's one of my favorites

Perfect hike for me and my wife who is newer to hiking. A section along the pond and a section in the woods with a few hills.

It was fun !! Definitely do it again

For an easy hike it was great. We went on Aug 25, 2017 with our children and our friends kids ages ranging from infant to 15. My four year old got tired at the end but everyone else got through with easy. The parents of the infant actually held the infant the whole time jut switching back and forth. Great sunset ending. Took less than two hours.

Looking for a quick trail run with our 2 pups. This didn't disappoint. We went on a Wednesday morning and were the only few people on the trail. Thoroughly enjoyed the mix of field, forest and moderate incline areas. Will def be back if looking for a quick workout to tire out our 2 large dogs!

I bring my dog here quite regularly to walk/run the loop trail circumnavigating the pond. It's a beautiful loop and if you hit it during the right time of the day you might even have the pleasure of having it to yourself. It is mostly flat with some short hill sections that are actually rather steep. Would definitely recommend for dog owners, fisherman or anyone looking for a nice quiet run or walk.

paddle sports
Saturday, August 19, 2017

Beautiful pond. Went on a warm, calm day; water like glass. Nice scenery, a few other kayakers out there, paddle board too. Kids playing on a rope swing. Saw various birds, including gulls and a fisher diving from the trees. Turtles, and a beautiful mink on the shoreline. Had to carry boat about 40 yards down to the water.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Beautiful scenery and a fairly easy hike. I did it with my two year old attached to me, but due to all this rain the last mile of trails were really muddy and then swampy through the fields at the end. Save this hike for a day when it hasn't been raining for a few days.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

I hiked this trail two days after rain carrying my toddler in the backpack. It was suggested as an easy hike. Several of the inclines were very steep. The trails have been maintained in several areas but with any inclement weather I imagine they are very swampy. My dog and I left very muddy.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Relaxing easy hike.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A great walk, not to challenging.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Easy hike/walk. Some elevation gain but mostly flat. Wooded trails that are well maintained. Parking is limited.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Great hike with the kids to the peninsula.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Nice hike with some elevation and woods.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

One of our favorite places to hike close to home and a good workout

Friday, June 24, 2016

Very nice trail with a couple nice fishing spots. Walk left at the boat launch and just follow the trail to the rope swing. Caught 3 northern pike on the log. Nice spot !!!!

Friday, June 24, 2016

The trail is well maintained and clearly marked. It offers sights of the pond and also the woods. I would call this hike a moderate only because some might find the small elevation gains a challenge, if you are looking for a just plain flat walk because of injury, stability, or what have you.... Those two points might be a challenge. With this said I was coming back from an injury and handled it fine. Personally I like the flats, but also the elevation as it helped to get me ready for the season of hiking.

I love the loop. It offers a bit of everything, for a small trail. I go back often.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Great place to go for a quick hike or a beautiful ride in the kayak. Very dog and kid friendly.

Friday, May 20, 2016

It was a fun loop very easy!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easy trail with a couple of inclines to get your heart rate up. Great for younger hikers

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Great peaceful hike. Easy to moderate – definitely not flat. 2 to 3 fairly serious inclines. Very nice scenery and lots of boardwalks.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Great, beautiful scenery. Only downside was the reviews stated a completely flat hike, however be warned there are 2 or 3 serious inclines, nothing to extreme to handle but definitely not flat.