Canty Trail

Canty Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Rutland, Vermont that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Awesome trail! Hiked it in late November on a 45 degree, sunny day, no one else was on the trail! very gradual for the first half then a decent uphill for the last half of the hike but definitely a moderate hike overall. The view is not big and open but still beautiful. Very windy at the top.

Ok my wife and I love to walk and hike all over, and this was the first time we had picked a moderate hiking trail. It’s fall in VT. an the colors are changing so we chose to go up Canty Trail, we drove by the trail head it was not well marked out. The sign was behind some small trees and there was a little pull off room for about four vehicles. The walk stated out good and slow but turned out to be much more half way up. I’m getting up there in age but man I never thought we would have taken three an haft hours to get to the top. It took almost two hours to get back down. The falls was the best part of the hole hike. The wife and I would do it again but only to the falls the top is not all that.
Happy Hiking.

A nice relatively quick hike. Starts out pretty flat with a couple of small stream crossings(but you don't have to get your feet wet), then gets steeper approaching the Cascades. Worth the 50 foot detour to take a look around there. That's roughly the halfway point. Keep going up to the peak. As others have said, there's no view from the peak, but the marked overlook just below the peak has a really good view to the southwest(I think, didn't actually check). It's also a nice snowshoe trail in the winter.

Was a lot more difficult than I expected especially after the Cascades. Well marked at the bottom but was less marked near the top. Summit view was useless as trees were over grown. The outlook was a great view though, one of the best I have seen.

Great hike! nice waterfall on the way up and nice view of Rutland (West) down a side trail on left when nearing the summit. Limited views from summit. New parking area for maybe three cars was further down road from the original one that went through an old camp. I've done this in the Winter too.

Friday, June 24, 2016

View was not that great due to overgrown brush. If you're looking for a nice workout it would be a great choice.

Pack bug spray due to swampy terrain

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Nice hike! Good, steady incline to the summit. Great views @ the top & of "Cascades" waterfall.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Well designed trail. The cascades are amazing!!! Great view from the vista just below the summit. I would recommend this trail and will definitely return.

Monday, October 12, 2015

I was not able to find this trail head. It doesn't appear to be marked. The nearby landowners are inhospitable with their signage; the hiker is made to feel unwelcome.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

A gentle lead in before the climb.... Blue Ridge Mtn. stands pretty much alone, so the vista just before the the summit offers a unique view of the SW!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Highly recommend this trail to the summit of Blue Ridge Mountain near Mendon, VT. Views are limited because of tree cover, however there is an outcropping 0.1mi from the summit with views to the southwest.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Very private trail in the winter. NO PARKING available at trailhead so that's a bummer. We had to get permission from the hotel at the foot of the road to park and walked up the road for 7/10th of a mile. But the trail was nice. We didn't make it to the top since we had our small dogs with us that day. Next time!

recorded can't trail