Camel's Hump Trail

Camel's Hump Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Waterbury, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

snowboarding

Was not the most strenuous hike, but nearly had us out of breath in some spots. The dean trail was fun, even in the rain. It was like beginner rock climbing. Ninja (my dog) had no trouble jumping over some obstacles. I would not take anyone afraid of heights or a dog that lacks physical ability on the dean trail up to Camels Hump. The dean trail had interesting rock obstacles and overlooks after 3ish miles. The Monroe trail is sort of boring, but a much easier climb up to the peak.

Beautiful views up at the top. I found the segment between mile 2 and mile 3 of the Monroe trail most difficult, but maybe that's just because I started off too aggressive. Took about 1hr 40 min for me to get up, and judging based on the number of groups that passed me vs the number of groups I passed, I'd say I was about average speed.

For any other non-locals, the Ben & Jerry's factory is only a ~10 min drive away. I unwittingly drove right past it, made for a nice post-hike stop.

Monroe trail is a fantastic hike. My dogs love it. The trail is challenging and the trek down always feels longer than I expect it to. I plan for at least 5 hours. It takes me about 2 hours each way with no stops and I like to stay on the peak for about an hour.